• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good Shell Jackets

xwhaler

I'll check out the marmot. Looks like a nice piece. How is the fit? I have broad shoulders and big arms and usually end up getting something that's way too big/long in the torso just to have the extra room for my arms. I hate having the extra fabric below my waist. It's an absolute snow trap on powder days.

Don't have it yet. Comes end of next week. Will try and remember to let you know. Lot of really good looking jackets on STP right now. I knew I wanted Red color so that became an easy way to narrow it down..... Otherwise so many of them are great shells.

prsboogie

Love this shell, got it on clearance last year for 65% off.

Attachments

• 1453679018533.jpg
    1453679018533.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 50

prsboogie

Ya sorry, thought I added the name. Great sale, shell keeps me dry and the material is sturdy. Vented pits is always appreciated too.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Ya sorry, thought I added the name. Great sale, shell keeps me dry and the material is sturdy. Vented pits is always appreciated too.

It is hard nowadays to find good jackets with pit zips. They have fallen out of popularity I guess......

xwhaler

Bump. Just bought a Marmot Rincon jacket on STP to replace an old Mtn Hardwear shell that was at least 10 yrs old....lost its waterproof effectiveness in anything more than a light drizzle.
On cold days I wear a Columbia soft shell but like the lighter option for warmer/wet days which offers more breathability.

STP is awesome/addictive by the way. Since I got 2 new skis this past summer through them they are relentless and flood my email box with offers for % off and/or free shipping.

Some really nice product available at a great value and if you can avoid impulsive buying you can do quite well.

Got this for $64 shipped after a 25% off and free shipping code.
http://i.stpost.com/marmot-rincon-jacket-waterproof-for-men-in-new-team-red~p~6366w_09~1500.2.jpg

Update: Used this yesterday in the freezing/plain rain at Sugarbush. Worked out very well--really exceeded my expectations given how hard the liquid precip was coming down. Not super dry but honestly not sure any jacket would be.
My 1st piece of Marmot clothing--they clearly have earned their reputation for quality.

Definitely allowed me to have an enjoyable AM out there. Old EMS System 3 pants were a different story though...soaked through quickly.
About 10 yrs old now---will need to look to replace.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Update: Used this yesterday in the freezing/plain rain at Sugarbush. Worked out very well--really exceeded my expectations given how hard the liquid precip was coming down. Not super dry but honestly not sure any jacket would be.
My 1st piece of Marmot clothing--they clearly have earned their reputation for quality.

Definitely allowed me to have an enjoyable AM out there. Old EMS System 3 pants were a different story though...soaked through quickly.
About 10 yrs old now---will need to look to replace.

Ten years for pants is great.