• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 1/7/16

reefer

Bluebird skies, no wind, 30ish.
Great day to get back in the saddle at Mt. Snow today. Chute and Plummet on the North face were ass-kickers. Free Fall stay closed with massive whales. All the blues open on the Main Face provided some great cruising. That is all.

More crowded than anticipated. Lot of punk ass college kids. Managed to keep my distance. That is the bluebird at approx. 11:00. Meanwhile the Canyon quad and Outpost never had a line. I took the Bird a few times after 2:00 and I skied right up in the single line.

Bottom of Chute, notice the big whales on Freefall they were letting sit.

Down the Chute

OUCH! Up and down Plummet:

bzrperfspec77

My legs are hurting just looking at that! I have yet to get out this year due to work, but I guess with the weather and conditions, I may be "lucking" out

drjeff

Looking very nice given winter thus far.

The snowmakers at Mount Snow just absolutely crushed it the last week! I REALLY can't wait until next season when they'll be able to pump essentially twice as much water a minute as they can now, with roughly 10 times more water storage capacity as well! :fangun: :fangun: :fangun: :daffy:

Newpylong

Wow they really pumped it out. Should be interesting to see what happens next year when West Lake comes online.

Glenn

Nice post Reefer! TNF is where it's at. I think it was college week; explains the crowds.