Bike Log 2016 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2016

I'm having trouble getting rides in consistently due to weather and life in general, but I was able to get my 4th ride in Sunday morning, a healthy 15.9 miles. It felt like we climbed the entire time. I also did about 4 hours of trail work on Saturday, so I'm pretty beat today.

http://www.strava.com/activities/555505987/
    Brian

Wahoo!!!!!! First ride for me last night. 6 miles and shoulder felt better as I rode. Nothing technical just double track stuff. Bunny hopped a small log, not the best idea with the shoulder. I will wait more on that. But it felt good.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Wahoo!!!!!! First ride for me last night. 6 miles and shoulder felt better as I rode. Nothing technical just double track stuff. Bunny hopped a small log, not the best idea with the shoulder. I will wait more on that. But it felt good.
    Awesome!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Awesome!
    Another 6 last night.
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

I'm up to 124 mountain bike miles in 11 rides so far this year. The weather has been so good that we started up our weekly group rides a month early, and the attendance has been really good. It may have been a crappy ski season, but MTB season is definitely off to a great start down here!
    Brian

It may have been a crappy ski season, but MTB season is definitely off to a great start down here!
    +1. Been trying to get some consistent riding it. Got 30 miles in this weekend and I am itching for more. I really need to find a group to ride with.

My road numbers are hella down but my trail miles (and smiles) are way, WAY up. The dirt is loamy and good, roots are dry, and there is not much water or muck.

That being said, I took a massive digger into a mud hole on Saturday. My entire right side was covered and I was elbow deep in it. Lost my favorite gloves in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    That being said, I took a massive digger into a mud hole on Saturday. My entire right side was covered and I was elbow deep in it. Lost my favorite gloves in the process.
    That doesn't sound like fun!
    Brian

That doesn't sound like fun!
    I was not loving life. Especially since I was trapped under my bike trying to get out.

Speaking of bikes...I need to stop looking at trade mags. I am convinced I now need a + bike. I've all but convinced myself that I can sell my bronson and put the money toward something new. I've lost my mind. Seems like overkill, especially since I have a fatbike.

I am also tempted by updating to a new bronson with a more slack head angle and shorter chain stay. Supposed to change the bike in a very positive way...But then there is the Evil Insurgent.

#nailedit
    ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1464478708.135436.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

10 mile ride yesterday. Still nothing technical. I doubt I will be able to anytime soon. Shoulder strength is not there for it let alone ROM. I did crash this week though. Slow speed and on the left side.

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information