• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hermitage's new lift

drjeff

Paging Burke and Magic...

Except that The Hermitage is on WAY more solid financial ground to fix this "problem" without having it effect any other operations

The thing is, unless one has recently seen firsthand what Jim Barnes has created at The Hermitage, you really can't grasp what is going on, and more importantly how satisfied the members are

thetrailboss

Staff member
Except that The Hermitage is on WAY more solid financial ground to fix this "problem" without having it effect any other operations

The thing is, unless one has recently seen firsthand what Jim Barnes has created at The Hermitage, you really can't grasp what is going on, and more importantly how satisfied the members are

He certainly seems to have a plan and is executing it pretty well.

VTKilarney

Management is doing a good job at the Hermitage?

drjeff

Management is doing a good job at the Hermitage?

Maybe not in the eyes of a few regulatory agencies ;) But at least in the eyes of their paying members, they're doing a good job, and the local economy is benefitting from that

The Sneak

Yer all nuts.
If I truly had that kind of money I'd be all about Hermitage...no crowds, snooty milfs, terrain that makes me look like a champ, no poors around to harsh my mellow...it sounds fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thetrailboss

Staff member
Maybe not in the eyes of a few regulatory agencies ;) But at least in the eyes of their paying members, they're doing a good job, and the local economy is benefitting from that

He is in Vermont. That's a big reason for those problems.

drjeff

Didn't he sell one to West Mountain in New York?

Yup

And West is using the parts from it, buying a few new parts and also buying an old drive from Sugarbush if I recall correctly, replaced one of its old (as in it seemed OLD when I first skied West back in 1981!!!) main base to summit lifts for this season, and the other parts are being used to replace its other old base to summit lift next season (they've already done some preliminary work on the new base drive terminal footings).

The first of West's "new" lifts made from the Hermitage's old lift just opened up this past weekend

Last edited:

Whitey

No frills and The Hermitage Club aren't compatible in the same sentence! ;)

The thing that impressed me the most is that the Hermitage's new six pack is not only heated, but it comes with built in bidets in every chair. As you ride up, you have your ____ washed with every ride. Now that's class. . .

{For all of you scratching your heads and for Scotty Skis, here is the Wikipedia link for what a "bidet" is; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet }

deadheadskier

Staff member
They've got them at some of the lodging properties in Stowe, the Stowehof being one of them. I recommend testing the water temperature before using. A buddy's girlfriend did not and found out the hard way. :lol:

thetrailboss

Staff member
The thing that impressed me the most is that the Hermitage's new six pack is not only heated, but it comes with built in bidets in every chair. As you ride up, you have your ____ washed with every ride. Now that's class. . .

{For all of you scratching your heads and for Scotty Skis, here is the Wikipedia link for what a "bidet" is; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet }

I just spit my coffee laughing at that! Only the lower class skis under the lift because of that feature.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Hawkshot99

The house me and a bunch of my fellow workers rented in CO last year had a bidet in the master bath. It was kinda awkward asking the owner of the company if I could take a shit in his bathroom instead of mine (he chose the master bedroom) so I could test it out.....

VTKilarney

In Italy there is a building law that requires every home to have a bidet. They've become a symbol of Italian hygiene supremacy. The French have largely abandoned them. Those dirty heathens.

VTKilarney

As much as this proud Italian citizen hates to admit it, those fancy Japanese toilets are the best. Their bathtub designs are also a lot better. The bathtubs are much more vertical. The sitting position is more upright.

KustyTheKlown