• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hermitage's new lift

slatham

Wow, Magic would love to be able to run 60 guns simultaneously!

And 60 is not way off for a mountain the size of Haystack. Bromley usually has 85-90 running. Sugarbush Lincoln Peak, a much bigger mountain, tops out in the mid 90's.

VTKilarney

By comparison, Burke at 2,011 vertical feet, has had about 37 guns running during the past few days that they have been making snow.

Glenn

My wife and I may have a chance to try the Hermitage out this year. No lift lines, no silly ticket scanning every darn run and no busloads of people traversing the entire trail sounds fairly attractive. I'd give up some vertical and trail count just to get away from the crowds. Can't say I have the capital to make it a reality....but it does sound appealing.

darent

no, okemo's 6 pack bubble has heated seats. at Mt Snow you have to rough it for the 12 minute ride up.
didn't the Hermitage Club say that they have the only one of a kind six pack. I knew I rode a heated six pack someplace.

drjeff

Doesn't Mount Snows 6 pack have a bubble with heated seats. and is the Canyon's a 6 pack or quad?

Mount Snow's bubble isn't heated for the if it doesn't stop 7 minute ride to the top.

The Canyons is a quad, and is about a 9 minute ride up (I'll time it exactly next Tuesday morning when I ride it ;-) )

Okemo's Sunburst 6 is about the same ride time as the Bluebird at Mount Snow (not sure of Okemo's new bubble the Quantum 4's ride time as I've never ridden the old or new version of that lift yet)

The Hermitage's new Barnstormer Bubble is about a 6 minute ride per my friends who are members there and have ridden it - I fully plan to take them up on their offer to try it out this season and time it out myself!! :)

Jully

didn't the Hermitage Club say that they have the only one of a kind six pack. I knew I rode a heated six pack someplace.

One of a kind because it's green probably. Heated seats are nothing that unique.

drjeff

It's the only Dopylmayr made heated bubble 6 pack in the US - Okemo's heated six pack is built by Leitner-Poma, hence the marketing spin!!! Lol!

And per a friend of mine who's a Hermitage member, and a tall guy like I am (he's 6'2" and I'm 6'3") the bubbles on the Hermitage's new lift are closer to your head than on Mount Snow's bubble

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
My wife and I may have a chance to try the Hermitage out this year. No lift lines, no silly ticket scanning every darn run and no busloads of people traversing the entire trail sounds fairly attractive. I'd give up some vertical and trail count just to get away from the crowds. Can't say I have the capital to make it a reality....but it does sound appealing.
Just go ski Platty. No six pack but you get everything else you mentioned plus you also actually get some good ski terrain.

SIKSKIER

Aren't the seats only heated as they go through the loading stations?How else would the power be connected?
I just found my answer and that is the case here.16-20 second heating time.