• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summit cancellation

skiMEbike

Some hope for this weekend to ski the front face from the summit (from today's report):

With ideal conditions in the forecast, our snowmakers will spend much of the day tomorrow setting up shop on Haulback, Wedge, Gondi Line Extension, and White Nitro below Spillway Crosscut, with plans to start blowing snow in the early afternoon hours. Wind and weather conditions permitting, they expect to be online Wednesday through Saturday, working their way from from east to west.

Whitey

Get while you can, looks wet not white next week which means it will be a glacier after that!

Come on, Accuweather just updated their forecast for the Carrabassett, ME area for this weekend. "1-2 inches of snow" by Saturday morning at Sugarloaf. We'll be skiing powder that will reach at least to the bottoms of our bindings at the AZ summit this weekend. With the weather this winter, that classifies as a "blizzard". Got to remember to pack my snorkel. . .

Smellytele

Come on, Accuweather just updated their forecast for the Carrabassett, ME area for this weekend. "1-2 inches of snow" by Saturday morning at Sugarloaf. We'll be skiing powder that will reach at least to the bottoms of our bindings at the AZ summit this weekend. With the weather this winter, that classifies as a "blizzard". Got to remember to pack my snorkel. . .

I wouldn't believe Accuweather

Smellytele

attachment.php

40% chance of Snow showers could produce 1-2"

SIKSKIER

It looks like we may be in for a couple rounds of natural snow over the next 48 hours, including 1-2" possible starting this afternoon

Those afternoon snow showers look to continue tonight and we may see a couple inches of accumulation over the next 24 hours

Cannon and Stowe.But that aint Maine.