• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Potential Storm: 1/16

skiberg

My source for the Models is always you guys. You know a hell of a lot more than I do. Then I spout off to my friends and act like I know stuff. Then they ask me questions and I don't know WTF I am talking about.

dlague

My source for the Models is always you guys. You know a hell of a lot more than I do. Then I spout off to my friends and act like I know stuff. Then they ask me questions and I don't know WTF I am talking about.

That is when you spout NAM this GFS that and EURO stuff

Tropical Tidbits.com is a free site which you can access the GFS, NAM, RGEM and even some EURO products on. If you want to know more about the models I would check it out!

Tin

That's because it's the GFS...its flawed.

The same could be said about every model. That was just an example. Let us remember "king" EURO completely missed the blizzard on 1/26 last year, then gave NYC 40" of snow 36 hours before and created panic, and it was having Hurricane Joaquin slam the coast this summer. Never know. This winter is really showing how much ALL the models suck (except the RGEM within 48 hours).

dlague

The same could be said about every model. That was just an example. Let us remember "king" EURO completely missed the blizzard on 1/26 last year, then gave NYC 40" of snow 36 hours before and created panic, and it was having Hurricane Joaquin slam the coast this summer. Never know. This winter is really showing how much ALL the models suck (except the RGEM within 48 hours).

I found this to be pretty valueable for learning.

http://weather.unisys.com/index.php

BenedictGomez

Every 3" to 5" helps enormously at this point. Beggars cant be choosers. I'll gobble this minor event up like a starving Ethiopian.

Tin

I'm even mildly excited for the sloppy inch we are supposed to get tomorrow :spin:

maxresdefault.jpg

abc

Now that the rules are disregarded and the chatter are flying, would anyone care to say something about where there will be snow (on the ground) that won't be washed away tomorrow?

And what will the drive home on Monday be like?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Well, things are getting interesting now.

Lot more snow and the snow/rain line is a lot more south and things were predicted to be. Everyone knew Maine was going to be the Jackpot for this storm, but if Jiminy Peak and Berkshire East both got 4-6 inches I would not be surprised. Areas south of Killington will do great.

catsup948

Lot more snow and the snow/rain line is a lot more south and things were predicted to be. Everyone knew Maine was going to be the Jackpot for this storm, but if Jiminy Peak and Berkshire East both got 4-6 inches I would not be surprised. Areas south of Killington will do great.

I was at Berkshire East. I'd say they maybe got 3 inches at the very top. Bottom was an inch of slush. Skiing was good though.

xwhaler

Gunstock reported 4" which I'd say was accurate. Virtually no lines at one of the busiest mtns in NH on MLK Sat with fresh snow was pretty surprising/awesome.

Bostonian

Gunstock reported 4" which I'd say was accurate. Virtually no lines at one of the busiest mtns in NH on MLK Sat with fresh snow was pretty surprising/awesome.

Yeah yesterday was pretty decent. Had I known you were at the hill I'd have taken a couple of runs with you x! I got first tracks on trigger and there were great pockets of powder everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone