• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's up with Waterville? Waterville Vs. Loon

LonghornSkier

I had the opportunity to ski at Waterville last week. Kind of a boring day but I will say that the snowmaking and grooming was really good. All the trails were covered edge to edge with good base depths (and nearly the entire mountain is open). Some of the trails off of Green Peak look nice and steep. Will definitely check it out again when that opens!

gregnye

Pretty busy today and the new (well oldish) Green Peak triple was on and off hold throughout the day. First it was on hold until 10, then it ran from 10 to 12:15, then it was down 12:15 to 2:00, then it ran 2:00--3ish. What's up with this? Any word on Mechanical issues? They said it was a wind hold but the wind wasn't that strong really. When its a holiday weekend having an additional lift really helps. Anyone know whats up?

I was there too. Wind hold on Green and North. Also, the worst parking setup and lift tickets. Slow!