• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Quick tour up Kilburn Crag

wtcobb

Took the lady and the pup out for a quick tour up Kilburn Crag. Base is definitely still sketchy in parts, but a nice morning tour.

813cc8b708003b91d77e13e593e6d0f0.jpg

456d76f5cd834b7ce6d044d767c4194b.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Speak and Spell using Tapatalk.

Cannonball

Nice!! Those pics look more wintery than it feels around here. I know there isn't much elevation gain on that trail, but is there anything fun happening on the down? I would normally think to just go up there with my XC gear. It looks like you might have had something else up your sleeve.

wtcobb

Nice!! Those pics look more wintery than it feels around here. I know there isn't much elevation gain on that trail, but is there anything fun happening on the down? I would normally think to just go up there with my XC gear. It looks like you might have had something else up your sleeve.
Last night/this morning's snow definitely helped. It was really the last pitch/start of the run that was fun. All through the field in the neighbor's yard. There's a considerable flat spot in the middle, but a couple run offs through the trees. This was more about getting out on the AT rig and testing the transition. Plus some exercise for the dog!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Speak and Spell using Tapatalk.