• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday 1/24/16 Plattekill and mountain Creek NJ

ScottySkis

So first day at Platty for season. Cold windy maybe high if 5 not sure good snowmaking getting better. Over recent years for sure. Got their at 830 only easy hour in half ride no snow to deal with on way up. Skiied every trail open and closed ones except blockbuster. Good half foot fell no natural trails last weekend ski over some small rocks not muc damage. Glad I went had great day then decided on way home to hit up snowy mountain Creek NJ that trip reports goes up after I watch new X file show

ScottySkis

Drive up is opposite then usual. Middletown just and 2 inches maybe .taken back roads when I get to onion town just miles from NY nj border it looks like north vermont. Epic snow fall everywhere they definitely got a good 18 inches. Booted up In the car.a lot of people where here during day can tell by extra parking lots open. Looking like a lot left now which I was hoping for. Got my kift ticket at south singles lines at first about 8 to 10 minutes. Got up packed powder everywhere good night lights and 100% night trails open which I can see this hill from Middletown which I love .deffinly a too 2 day their ever. Then went to granite Peak no crowd here stayed for about an hour or so. Tried to ski closed trail fun powder lines to I found out why it was close but ass rocks not enough sniw in it yet to not get hurt . got back to south at 730 no wait now. A lot lot of kids vaporizer on lines getting in trouble this place is definitely place NY c joes go to much more so then what I see at hunter. Finished at 815 pm because I was tired. Hill stays open to 9/Sunday and 10 other days. Glad I came for real packed powder at night still a lot of people on slopes but crazy like I sure it was in morning. First for me skiing 1 day at two different hills so glad I did though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cornhead

Cool, glad you got a double dose, I know you needed it. In retrospect, I wish I had traveled to storm ski the Poconos on Saturday instead of skiing Greek, oh well, it's gotta snow up here eventually... right?

Rambo

Cool, glad you got a double dose, I know you needed it. In retrospect, I wish I had traveled to storm ski the Poconos on Saturday instead of skiing Greek, oh well, it's gotta snow up here eventually... right?

It's all Corns fault we are not getting any snow this winter because he bought new snow tires this season. HA HA, Montage Mtn. got 4 inches.

ScottySkis

It my fault to because I have snow tires to lol.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Thanks Bob and Dan hopefully we will again make turns soon.

Last edited: