• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Boy at Hunter...

catskillman

I stand with Blue Boy! Well not too close, definitely from an appropriate and safe distance of course.

He is not a very good skier. You would not be impressed. His position is off and he does not have good technical skills. ** Not just my opinion, PSIA examiners have seen he antics

dlague

He is not a very good skier. You would not be impressed. His position is off and he does not have good technical skills. ** Not just my opinion, PSIA examiners have seen he antics

Who is a perfectly technical skier? I am sure there are some on this forum, but I bet if any of us went under critique, improvements could be made. Can he handle steeps, bumps trees, crud, ice, cement, fluff if so, then he is better than proabably 70-80 %. Which in my world is fine!

SkiingInABlueDream

No one is technically perfect, even Mikela or Ligety.
It depends on how one defines "handling". There are many poor but confident skiers out there who can descend difficult stuff without crashing, but I wouldn't call that good skiing...

drjeff

Apparently there's a bunch of perfect technical skiers over on Epicski! ;-) :rolleyes:

Or at least based on their talk in many threads over there one could easily presume that! :lol:

dlague

No one is technically perfect, even Mikela or Ligety.
It depends on how one defines "handling". There are many poor but confident skiers out there who can descend difficult stuff without crashing, but I wouldn't call that good skiing...

It is not what someone else thinks about how you ski it is more about "Do I ski good enough for me?". Why do we judge? If he is happy with his form or style that is all that counts! I could careless about what others think about how I ski or what I can ski.

raisingarizona

Imagine how boring skiing would be if everyone skied like a perfect technical skiing PSIA instructor. It would be...McSkiing, I'm luvin it.

That being said the basics do actually make sense for strength/stability, energy conservation and function but we need to leave a little room for style or the sport would be robotic and sort of soulless.

catskillman

Nice to see I am an internet celebrity. Despite what you douchenozzles say and post I am always in control and obey the skiers code.

TRY TO KEEP UP GAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!

My comment on his skiing (and I am not a PSIA examiner) was in response to his comments above! He most certainly does not obey the skiers code, darts all over based on who he wants to harass and does not look uphill. He is a lanky guy and is often lifiting a ski to correct his balance, which at his speeds would impact his control.

wtcobb

Blue Boy Form:

wcyvd7pe3ftpoolokpb5.gif

freeski

In this episode "Big Air Dave" speaks about gnarly while giving advice to his friend. Blue Boy needs a You Tube channel.

catskillman

this lunatic was there opening day, first chair, buzzing everyone skiing into the lift line way way to fast....

and how did he finish his day?

Little boy blue blew his horn.

He had a blue plastic horn (the type people use at soccer tournaments, the long plastic ones) that he skied with blasting people as he skied. He kept it in the lift tower at the top of the six pack (how does the mountain allow that???)

How is he not banned, and in the care of a therapist..... I know this sounds insane , but I swear it is true.