• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged Jan 24, 2016

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Looks good enough on the left side. Looks like another decent line right under the lift too. Who wouldn't want those freshies? It's called "technical skiing" ;)
Is that skiers left or lookers left? Does it matter?:spread:

I'm waiting for them to make snow.:snow:

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Also, don't they usually have to cover up the large low spot near the bottom of Showboat? Seems like they should try to fill that in during the off season if possible.
My understanding is that an ecosystem has taken hold there and a whole environment impact study would need to be done before any bridge or culvert were to be put in place. So I think we'll see a chair lift on Pinnacle before that happens.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm all for conservation, but that's just a big ditch with a brook through it.

Ecosystem? Lol

hammer

My understanding is that an ecosystem has taken hold there and a whole environment impact study would need to be done before any bridge or culvert were to be put in place. So I think we'll see a chair lift on Pinnacle before that happens.
So a study would need to be done to build something there but yet it's perfectly fine to bury the ditch with several feet of man-made snow every year. Makes sense to me...:roll:

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I'm all for conservation, but that's just a big ditch with a brook through it.

Ecosystem? Lol
It's all one big ecosystem, I know, but the way it is now (this was explained to me by the head engineer putting in the HSQ last year) wildlife has taken hold there so it's not merely a ditch but a brook with living things in it. The original owner had a chance to put a culvert in years ago but because they were perennially cheap they let the opportunity slip by. Then is WAS just a ditch but now it's a "wetland".

So a study would need to be done to build something there but yet it's perfectly fine to bury the ditch with several feet of man-made snow every year. Makes sense to me...:roll:
Sure it's okay to cover it on ice in winter. Frogs like it that way.

dlague

They do not really make snow on skiers right where the ditch is. Everything is skiers left until the bottom. In fact, I have never seen it otherwise. It would be nice if the entire trail were available.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

hammer

They do not really make snow on skiers right where the ditch is. Everything is skiers left until the bottom. In fact, I have never seen it otherwise. It would be nice if the entire trail were available.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

But they still can't build anything up where they do have to pile the snow?