• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rome Snowboard Core Shot

Kilroy13

What's up guys. I hit Gunstock this weekend and took a quick run through some glades and drilled a nice covered rock. I've never filled a core shot this big or deep before and looking for advice. It's roughly the size of a quarter. I have black ptex and am wondering if I should put down a think layer of marine grade epoxy first, then ptex on top and wax the board at the end.

Any advice would help. Thanks.

WoodCore

Best thing to do if you want the repair to last is take it to a shop for a proper base weld and grind. You can use the P-tex as a quick fix but more than likely with a hole that size, the p-tex will pop out pretty quick.

cliffsteep

This worked for me: grind base material off an old pair of skis. Mix the fine shavings with cold temp epoxy, about 50-50. Fill the core shot. File smooth and wax. It lasts many years.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Best thing to do if you want the repair to last is take it to a shop for a proper base weld and grind. You can use the P-tex as a quick fix but more than likely with a hole that size, the p-tex will pop out pretty quick.

I'm in Woodcore's boat... I'd go to the shop for that.

You spent hundreds of dollars on that board... spend the $ to fix it properly.