• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 7.0 ~Live Feed & Updates!~

bvibert

Staff member
Nick and I were 5th chair for first tracks this morning.
ce5ae2d56e49c8eaf2fbaa6ebb7aeaa1.jpg

Hanging out with the big wigs first thing
686c21d53942f8180ecb98d72c5a2405.jpg

I'm not usually a fan of wide straight groomers, but gondi line was good this morning
a1632d825988551b8f6a3a5d2617b9ae.jpg

Winters way was fun, the small trees held onto the good snow.
3ed58b1e7f602e18c1639c34f43fe977.jpg

I didn't get any pics of it, but I think Sheerboom was the run of the day.

All in all a great weekend, I'm glad I was able to make it again this year!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I didn't get any pics of it, but I think Sheerboom was the run of the day

1+ Wore myself out on it yesterday , Saw you and Nick on it after you left Bulwinkels .
I got pulled away for a group photo at Bulwinkles wanted say hello to a few other AZ ers .

I wanted to hit Bubblecuffer before leaving but spotted the glade between Gondine and hit that as my last run . Should have hit earlier as my legs were shot . Will post some vid if it's not too embarising .

Too many good runs and not enough gas . Great time , great mountain!
Hope I can work out next year !

Monica

Must watch DC Panda re-enactment! LOL!
Taken at Wiffltree Saturday PM! We need more snow 1Panda!!!

dlague

Great weekend! The 3 inches on Friday tuned up the slopes nicely. SheerBoom was really good along with anything that was open from Skyline. Trip Report to follow soon. Want to thank Ray, Nick, Brian and Ray's friend (name escapes me) for sharing runs. My 13 year old son appeared to hang with them. My son thought the narrower trails like SheerBoom under the Super Quad and Misery Whip were fun. My favorite was SheerBoom for sure. In fact, after this weekend, he said he plans on ditching the park and would rather ski more technical lines.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice skiing with you Dave. Tell your son he's making the right decision. The cool kids ski technical lines, not park!

WJenness

Really sorry I missed out again this year.

Just totally spaced on booking something and then BOOM! it was here!

Next year, I'll be there!

Glad everyone had a good time.

-w

bvibert

Staff member
1+ Wore myself out on it yesterday , Saw you and Nick on it after you left Bulwinkels .

That ended up being our last run yesterday, it was a great way to end the weekend!

I wanted to hit Bubblecuffer before leaving but spotted the glade between Gondine and hit that as my last run . Should have hit earlier as my legs were shot . Will post some vid if it's not too embarising .

We hit that glade between Gondi and Winter's Way a few times, there was definitely good snow in there. Lower Winter's Way wasn't bad either!

Too many good runs and not enough gas . Great time , great mountain!
Hope I can work out next year !

That's always the way for me too!

Hope to see you next year!

bvibert

Staff member
Great weekend! The 3 inches on Friday tuned up the slopes nicely. SheerBoom was really good along with anything that was open from Skyline. Trip Report to follow soon. Want to thank Ray, Nick, Brian and Ray's friend (name escapes me) for sharing runs. My 13 year old son appeared to hang with them. My son thought the narrower trails like SheerBoom under the Super Quad and Misery Whip were fun. My favorite was SheerBoom for sure. In fact, after this weekend, he said he plans on ditching the park and would rather ski more technical lines.

Nice skiing with you Dave. Tell your son he's making the right decision. The cool kids ski technical lines, not park!

Nice to ski with you too, dlague. DHS is right, your son is choosing wisely! And he has good taste, Misery Whip and Sheerboom were my two favorites as well.

bvibert

Staff member
Really sorry I missed out again this year.

Just totally spaced on booking something and then BOOM! it was here!

Next year, I'll be there!

Glad everyone had a good time.

-w

It was definitely a good time, stay on the ball next year!

Whitey

Two things were confirmed this weekend - the skiing was much better than we expected and that I am a dope. I was there but somehow managed to miss all the summit activities. In my defense, I was the sole adult with a pack of teens ages 13 to 16. I had my hands full. I was gonna go for apres on Sat but the kids had other plans. I wanted to meet some of you but we got in late Friday night and then the weekend flew by. At the very least, thanks AZ for the great deal on the condo and lift tix.

Everybody already said it so I won't go into any detail but to agree that the skiing was very good. Even though the coverage was thin, it was good. A lot of runs that didn't look that great with skied off spots and brush sticking out skied much better than they looked. It was especially great to finally get to ski some "real" bump runs in. We were very pleasantly surprised that we were able to ski some glades - we thought that wasn't going to happen at all this weekend. Someone else posted it and I agree - in a weird way the little trees & brush sticking out held the snow well and really didn't "grab" your skis at all as you skied over them. We stayed to the end on Sunday and by the afternoon it had warmed up enough that stuff softened up and skied well.

Some pics below to prove that Whitey & his crew were actually there.

Me and my crew
Group at timbrln.jpg

Barber Chair glade:
Babrber chair.jpg

Gondi Glade:
Gondi glade.jpg

One short & crappy video of the kids skiing Barber Chair Glade: https://youtu.be/1bjIf58ZBVo

dlague

Two things were confirmed this weekend - the skiing was much better than we expected and that I am a dope. I was there but somehow managed to miss all the summit activities. In my defense, I was the sole adult with a pack of teens ages 13 to 16. I had my hands full. I was gonna go for apres on Sat but the kids had other plans. I wanted to meet some of you but we got in late Friday night and then the weekend flew by. At the very least, thanks AZ for the great deal on the condo and lift tix.

Everybody already said it so I won't go into any detail but to agree that the skiing was very good. Even though the coverage was thin, it was good. A lot of runs that didn't look that great with skied off spots and brush sticking out skied much better than they looked. It was especially great to finally get to ski some "real" bump runs in. We were very pleasantly surprised that we were able to ski some glades - we thought that wasn't going to happen at all this weekend. Someone else posted it and I agree - in a weird way the little trees & brush sticking out held the snow well and really didn't "grab" your skis at all as you skied over them. We stayed to the end on Sunday and by the afternoon it had warmed up enough that stuff softened up and skied well.

Some pics below to prove that Whitey & his crew were actually there.

Me and my crew
View attachment 18835

Barber Chair glade:
View attachment 18836

Gondi Glade:
View attachment 18837

One short & crappy video of the kids skiing Barber Chair Glade: https://youtu.be/1bjIf58ZBVo

Looks like you found some spots we did not ski. Never were able to hookup. The season is not done yet.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bvibert

Staff member
Must watch DC Panda re-enactment! LOL!
Taken at Wiffltree Saturday PM! We need more snow 1Panda!!!

I'm not quite sure what I just watched, but it looked like you guys were having plenty of fun!

mastermcdrapes

Dave,

the name is Mike, it was great skiing with you guys, I had lots of fun meeting new people and getting some great runs in. I wish I had that energy/ability at your son's age when I was that young. I agree with DHS, stay out the park! I agree Sheerboom was the best natural run, and nothing beats the fun of Gondi Line with fresh tracks and corduroy for breakfast. The trees next to Gondi were amazing, I just wish I had the proper skis in my arsenal as my groomers were not cutting it in the really soft stuff to enjoy it properly. I could not believe there was that much snow in there! I was impressed with the conditions all around the mountain, and didn't expect what I found. A+ weekend

dlague

Dave,

the name is Mike, it was great skiing with you guys, I had lots of fun meeting new people and getting some great runs in. I wish I had that energy/ability at your son's age when I was that young. I agree with DHS, stay out the park! I agree Sheerboom was the best natural run, and nothing beats the fun of Gondi Line with fresh tracks and corduroy for breakfast. The trees next to Gondi were amazing, I just wish I had the proper skis in my arsenal as my groomers were not cutting it in the really soft stuff to enjoy it properly. I could not believe there was that much snow in there! I was impressed with the conditions all around the mountain, and didn't expect what I found. A+ weekend

Another trail we liked was Boom auger mainly for my wife's sake. The narrower runs were freaking her out. She would rather ski wider trails that are steep and somewhat bumped. It will come with time.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone