• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay peak at the end of the week

andy2778

Hello everyone heading to Jay Peak at the end of the week from Montreal just wondering if there's anyone out there who is skiing those hills and can give me a bit of a live report on conditions thanks
The newbie

VTKilarney

It's going to be very hard to say until we see what happens with Wednesday's storm.

fbrissette

A bit early to say but at this point here's my take:

- significant rainfall on Wednesday
- a drop in temperature in the following days

Conditions should be extremely shitty on Saturday unless you enjoy sheer ice. Some snow possible Saturday to Sunday but almost certainly not enough to overcome the deep freeze.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
You're from Canada so I'm assuming you have some of these?

img.aspx

Bring them :cool:

Everywhere in Vermont, NY, NH, and ME has the potential for being very icy this weekend.

dlague

You're from Canada so I'm assuming you have some of these?

img.aspx

Bring them :cool:

Everywhere in Vermont, NY, NH, and ME has the potential for being very icy this weekend.

And it will be for sure! The grooming crews will try to till it up after it drains a little and then till it up more after it freezes. Who does the best job - we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

fbrissette

And it will be for sure! The grooming crews will try to till it up after it drains a little and then till it up more after it freezes. Who does the best job - we shall see.

No matter how good they are, they cannot do any miracles. if you really have to ski, show up for first chair and head to the bar around 10AM.

JDMRoma

I was hoping for better news... But thanks for the advice.

We're all hoping for better news but this is turning out to be a SUCK season.

First Chair at the lift and bar is a sound approach !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Whitey

No matter how good they are, they cannot do any miracles. if you really have to ski, show up for first chair and head to the bar around 10AM.

Gotta love AZ'ers. This poor newbie comes to the site looking for a little inside info and maybe cheer him up bit about the conditions for next weekend.

Instead, he gets advice to go to the bar for breakfast and just stay there.

Sadly, given the temps & forecast - I think that's actually some pretty solid advice.

Kind of reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepFO4psgKE

KustyTheKlown

Just go link up with bdfreetuna, he has the ability to will snow from the sheer force of his faith, nearly guaranteed and scientifically accurate weather reports be damned. truthiness.

hammer

My only trip to Jay was after a rain/freeze event the night before. Groomers were scraped hardpack but Jay isn't known for groomers anyway. Still had a great time and with the snow cover many of the glades were still in play (although not very skiable at my skill level).

BenedictGomez

Gotta love AZ'ers. This poor newbie comes to the site looking for a little inside info and maybe cheer him up bit about the conditions for next weekend.

Instead, he gets advice to go to the bar for breakfast and just stay there.

Sadly, given the temps & forecast - I think that's actually some pretty solid advice.

This was one schizophrenic post. :dontknow:

Whitey

This was one schizophrenic post. :dontknow:

BG - I know you are the resident intellectual around here, but I am failing to see where the contradictions are in that post. Never said it was bad advice, just ironic in light of the information the guy was hoping to get. Also gave me an excuse to link an Animal House reference, can miss those kinds of opportunities.

Now can we talk about those "St Louis to win the world series" and "Green Bay to win the superbowl" predictions you made.

gladerider

Driving up there Thursday evening for a week. Been going up there every year. Looks like it's going to be the worst condition on our record. This weather sux.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

fbrissette

Gladerider:
Skied one hour this morning. The did a good job with the groomers. There is currently nothing opened on natural snow. There is natural snow left, but not enough for grooming. Been snowing lightly non-stop for the past couple of hours. We may pick up a couple of inches by tomorrow morning and next week has some potential.

Next Thursday will still suck but it will be better than today.

gladerider

Gladerider:
Skied one hour this morning. The did a good job with the groomers. There is currently nothing opened on natural snow. There is natural snow left, but not enough for grooming. Been snowing lightly non-stop for the past couple of hours. We may pick up a couple of inches by tomorrow morning and next week has some potential.

Next Thursday will still suck but it will be better than today.
fbrissett, thanks for the update. fingers crossed. how long are you going to be up there?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk