• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Returns to NE

Edd

Wildcat needs to crank up the snowmaking/natural snow bad in order to do their usual spring thing. It was a skating rink there today even though it hit 46 degrees at the base before 10am. I was hoping for some soft turns but it was all base and no snow.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1454639039.573269.jpg

yeggous

Wildcat needs to crank up the snowmaking/natural snow bad in order to do their usual spring thing. It was a skating rink there today even though it hit 46 degrees at the base before 10am. I was hoping for some soft turns but it was all base and no snow.

View attachment 18900

Their snow report claims they plan to crank it up on Lynx and then Polecat at least.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

wtcobb

By the end of next week every region in the NE (From the Poconos to eastern Canada) should pick up 6in-12in give or take. Meanwhile, CO, UT, Tahoe, Jackson, Taos, Big Sky, etc all go dry. Sustained cold will put snowmakers out in full force. I still believe we'll see a turnaround, and soon.

Perfect, I leave for Taos end of next week. :angry:

Bene288

4-8 inches tonight in the flatlands near Boston according to the local news. WTF? May have to drive south and make a few turns at Blue Hills tomorrow night. So sad.

I live 6 miles from Blue. Bring an extra set of legs! This is some seriously heavy snow, perfect base building quality. Just too south and too late.

bigbog

Wish the western mountains(SL & SR) would've gotten the 10"+ that we in the eastern portion of the state got yesterday...plus the potential added accumulation that early next week's coastal store is forcasted to bring.