• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Super Bowl Weekend

bheemsoth

The rain and warmth today is a real bummer, but what are folks thinking for the weekend?

We're getting close to voucher depletion mode, as we spent the early season waiting on better conditions that may never come.

It's hard to expect any natural terrain to be open, so we were thinking of day tripping to Stratton on Sunday. Obviously not the most exciting terrain, but they have good snowmaking and grooming. Hopefully folks will take off early on in the day to get home for the game.

With that being said, what are your plans for the weekend?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

drjeff

I'm guessing that with the rain event today, the Superbowl on Sunday (even if there's really no widespread Northeast fan base interest in this years game) that this by mid winter terms, will be a quiet weekend on the slopes.

Best bet, go with an area that has big time snowmaking firepower, and get those edges sharpened as well!

HD333

Toying with staying home. Unless something changes with today's forecast. Rain, then warm, then getting kind of cold, doesn't make me want to rush up and ski depleted coverage and hardpack for the weekend.
May stick local for the weekend and hope for some snow before Feb vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellytele

Wildcat getting 3-5 today before the rain takes over. If they don't groom it before it gets colder and let it dry out before they do it may be"ok".

hammer

Last year people got smart to the Superbowl Sunday specials...was the busiest day we ever saw at Gunstock. Recent rains might keep people away though, there's little if any snow left on the ground. We will be waiting until later next week, hoping the storm system materializes.

KustyTheKlown

going to Colorado Friday. it's been pounding snow all week but dries out for my arrival, a few inches from the 7th-9th. I'll still take it.

VTKilarney

I don't think that it will be a busy weekend. The conditions aren't going to motivate people to drive to the mountains.

cdskier

I'll be driving up to Sugarbush. I think the groomers will mostly be ok and I'd rather do some skiing than no skiing. At least I can enjoy a nice meal Saturday night too along with some wine at a restaurant that I haven't been to in a while that I'm looking forward to trying again. Beats sitting at home doing nothing.

rocks860

I'll be driving up to Sugarbush. I think the groomers will mostly be ok and I'd rather do some skiing than no skiing. At least I can enjoy a nice meal Saturday night too along with some wine at a restaurant that I haven't been to in a while that I'm looking forward to trying again. Beats sitting at home doing nothing.

Restaurant up there? We went to peasant on Thursday and it was fantastic

bbrk

Can't decide whether to drive up this weekend or not. Obviously horrible conditions yet I'd rather ski than not.

Edd

Wildcat getting 3-5 today before the rain takes over. If they don't groom it before it gets colder and let it dry out before they do it may be"ok".

Where did you see those totals? Planning on hitting it tomorrow.

cdskier

Restaurant up there? We went to peasant on Thursday and it was fantastic

Peasant is fantastic and my favorite in the valley. Great food and great family that runs it. I go there quite often. This Saturday I'm going to Common Man.

rocks860

Peasant is fantastic and my favorite in the valley. Great food and great family that runs it. I go there quite often. This Saturday I'm going to Common Man.

Ah also fantastic! We opted to go to peasant instead of common man on Thursday since we had never been there before. We went to common man in August and it was delicious. Had the daily paté and the spaetzle at peasant on Thursday, girlfriend had the salmon. I'm jealous

Edd

NOAA not sure it happened but it may have

Report says they aren't grooming tonight to save the snowpack which could make tomorrow interesting. I may bail to Attitash or BW last minute but I hope to make it there.

Savemeasammy

We are feeling the pressure to burn some vouchers as well, so my family and I will likely be somewhere on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

HowieT2

Taking my first weekend off since early December. Body needs a rest to get ready for a big second half.