• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skis for my 4 year old son

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey guys,

Anyone have a pair of skis they want to sell for a 3-1/2 year old? I missed the ski swaps at the start of the season and want to get out there with him in the upcoming weeks and start getting him on the snow for real. I think his boot size is US 8.

I've got some plastic skis that strap in with snow boots (Thanks, Tin!) but I don't think those will work well at Wachusett.

Bvibert was also generous to give me some of his edgy wedgies. Anything else I should get for equipment? Harness?

Want to keep it slow & fun for him - I'd be willing to bet his first day out will be less than 30 minutes :)

Whitey

Nick -

I've got some stuff. I was going to just donate it to our town's ski swap but I missed it this year. Let me dig them out tonight. I'll take some pics and note the sizes. If its something that will work for you - you can have them, we can just work something out on the shipping charges.

deadheadskier

Staff member
How about skis for a 10 month old? My son can pull himself up and steady himself standing while holding onto my legs. I think he's ready!!!!

Whitey

Nick -

I've got these. The Blizzards are 120CM, the Heads are 125CM. You can have them if you want them. I am sure I've got some boots somwhere in a box in the attic too. But check that boot size & let me know, "size 8" sounds too big unless you mean a "youth size 8". My youngest just turned 13 and he wears a 8.5 size boot.

The Blizzards:
DSC00269.jpg

The Heads:
DSC00270.jpg

wa-loaf

Nick -

I've got these. The Blizzards are 120CM, the Heads are 125CM. You can have them if you want them. I am sure I've got some boots somwhere in a box in the attic too. But check that boot size & let me know, "size 8" sounds too big unless you mean a "youth size 8". My youngest just turned 13 and he wears a 8.5 size boot.

The Blizzards:
attachment.php

The Heads:
attachment.php

Good deal and Nick should take you up on those, but that size is better suited for an 8-9 year old. Nick should be looking for 70-80 skis.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Nick -

I've got some stuff. I was going to just donate it to our town's ski swap but I missed it this year. Let me dig them out tonight. I'll take some pics and note the sizes. If its something that will work for you - you can have them, we can just work something out on the shipping charges.

That would be awesome! I'll pm you.

Went yesterday and rented , I'll post up a trip report later :)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Good deal and Nick should take you up on those, but that size is better suited for an 8-9 year old. Nick should be looking for 70-80 skis.

I was just googling length bc it sounded long haha. I rented at wachusett last weekend. I'll def get something at a ski swap next year.