• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee Friday Feb 5 2016

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Date(s) Skied: Friday Feb. 5, 2016

Resort or Ski Area: Mt. Sunapee, Newbury, NH

Conditions: Snowy in the morning. 2 to 3 inches of fresh on top of hard crust

Trip Report: Quite a bit better than the usual dust on crust – the couple inches of snow changed the conditions from poor to alright - certainly better than expected. Changed what might have been a bad day of skiing. Other than that skiing at Sunapee is a lot like skiing at their sister mountain Okemo. No woods options available to the faint of heart – count me in on that score. I’ve damaged too many pairs of skis in sketchy trees (that is to say – two – which is too many). Toward the afternoon the skies cleared and we had a clear view. From the far left Ridge trail you get a very interesting view.

Stratton Okemo Killington by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr

Bumpsis

Skied from late morning to the day's end. It was possible to find lines on number of trails where setting a solid edge was possible even late into the afternoon. Then again, a lot of spots along the way were down to the very hard packed or what I really call ice. Around 2:30, I took a break and had my edges sharpened. The ski shop next to the rentals did a great job. My last few runs after the sharpening were quite good. But over all, it was pretty hard all day.

Rushski

Looks like they got some accumulation yesterday. May be the best bet this week as everything North of it don't seem to be getting much...