• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sooo..

bdfreetuna

I just got back from the hospital with a mini seizure and high blood pressure.

Things are okay now. Back to normal. Been a rough week.

Love y'all.

Josh

Also my car is totaled but valued at $7600 Subaru Impreza Sport with 150k miles. I'm gonna get back like $2000 on down payment and probably get a Subaru Legacy Sport to replace it.

VTKilarney

I just got back from the hospital with a mini seizure and high blood pressure.

Things are okay now. Back to normal. Been a rough week.

Love y'all.

Josh

This should probably have been posted in the Miscellaneous forum.

I hope that you figure out a way to get things under control. Long term health is very important, so be sure to tackle your issues now and not later. That's more important than any internet forum.

All the best.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Scary stuff Tuna. Glad you are ok.

You're young. Listen to your doctors and you should be fine.

VTKilarney

Also my car is totaled but valued at $7600 Subaru Impreza Sport with 150k miles. I'm gonna get back like $2000 on down payment and probably get a Subaru Legacy Sport to replace it.
If the car has 150,000 miles, why aren't you going to get the whole $7,600 that it is worth? If the reason is that you had a loan, I'd want something with MUCH lower miles if I was going to have a loan. I'd want my car to be paid off well before it has 150,000 miles. Hopefully you can make that happen this time. It will help to cut down on your stress level.

Puck it

If the car has 150,000 miles, why aren't you going to get the whole $7,600 that it is worth? If the reason is that you had a loan, I'd want something with MUCH lower miles if I was going to have a loan. I'd want my car to be paid off well before it has 150,000 miles. Hopefully you can make that happen this time. It will help to cut down on your stress level.
My question exactly.

deadheadskier

Staff member

I'll have turned 150K miles on my car by the time it is four years old. It will be paid off, but many people have different financial situations and carry a loan for 5/6 years.

But as an aside, the dude just had a medical emergency. Probably not the time and place to be critical of his finances in regards to vehicles. You don't know his finances, so it's kind of lame to say what YOU would do. It might not be an option for him.

VTKilarney

It might not be an option for him.
Except he's looking to move into a more expensive model at it's most expensive trim level.

I was just trying to suggest a course of action that would decrease his overall stress. I was seriously just trying to help the guy.

VTKilarney

When did he say the car he was getting would be new or even more $ at all? Seems like you assumed that

He didn't say that it would be new. I wasn't even assuming that there would be more expensive at the time of initial purchase. He said that he was going from an Impreza Sport to a Legacy Sport. A Legacy is a more expensive car - so either he's paying more or he's getting a car that's older and/or has more mileage (as compared to an Impreza). Something has to give in order to account for the difference in price between models.

But it's not worth over-analyzing. I'm sure he did not come here for an extended discussion about his next car.

gmcunni

get the outback instead. throw a camping mattress in the back and crash in the parking lot at night. the $$ you save will practically pay for the subi

deadheadskier

Staff member
Except he's looking to move into a more expensive model at it's most expensive trim level.

I was just trying to suggest a course of action that would decrease his overall stress. I was seriously just trying to help the guy.

Do you think his doctor questioned him about his car choices when evaluating his stress?

Probably not. Probably said eat and exercise better.

Either way, whatever your intentions, given the moment I thought it was a slightly awkward discussion to start.

Brad J

Please take care of yourself , life is short and health is the most important. Take care and ski on

bdfreetuna

I can get a Legacy Sport with low miles for the same price. Shopped around already. No worries.

Here's my cars > 1990 Subaru Loyale > 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon
(handdown, got past 300k miles) > 1998 Subaru Forrester (brother gave to me when he got a new Subaru Outback) > 2008 Impreza Sport > now... Lecacy Sport.

All were manual and 4WD one way or another.

Last edited:

dlague

Geez! You are young. I hope every thing is OK and you probably need to slow down a bit! Wishing you the best!