• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sooo..

Domeskier

Glad to hear you're okay, Tuna. I hope you have some nice stress free months ahead and this was just a one time thing.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
I just got back from the hospital with a mini seizure and high blood pressure.

Things are okay now. Back to normal. Been a rough week.

Love y'all.

Josh

Also my car is totaled but valued at $7600 Subaru Impreza Sport with 150k miles. I'm gonna get back like $2000 on down payment and probably get a Subaru Legacy Sport to replace it.

So I guess this what happens when you ski Tuna Speed all the time. ;)

Seriously though, please take care of yourself. Sorry to hear about this. Hang in there.

bdfreetuna

Did the high blood pressure cause the seizure? Hope it was a one time thing and you're okay.

Yeah there was some interaction going on there. And just the stress of wrecking my car and all that. Also high CK levels from muscle injuries (skiing too hard, mostly).

As you all could tell I wasn't in the best of moods last week ;)

hammer

Seem to be young to have high BP, does it run in the family? Guessing you are on meds, hope you can get that under control. Also keep up the physical activity, that's how I've been able to avoid BP meds for the time being.

Hope you don't have to go crazy limiting sodium intake, not easy to do with all the salt that's put in food nowadays.

bdfreetuna

Low sodium diet for a while. I'm drinking Pedialite. Doctor's orders.

I use Braggs Amino Acids instead of Soy Sauce, it's got all that good stuff in there.

frapcap

Wow man. Stay alive.
Glad the car was good enough to keep you alive.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not drinking for a month makes this diet impossible. :beer:

That was hard, but not impossible. What was nearly impossible was no sugar. Not because I have a sweet tooth, but because it is literally added to everything. I cook 90% from scratch to begin with, but certain things like salad dressing I'll buy. Good luck finding sugar free dressing that doesn't suck. Bacon? Got to go to Whole Foods for special Paleo Bacon.

wa-loaf

but certain things like salad dressing I'll buy. Good luck finding sugar free dressing that doesn't suck.

I'm a straight balsamic and olive oil guy so that's not an issue.

Also, more related to this thread. I've had my BP slightly high a couple times. All periods when I wasn't being very active. As soon as my activity level goes back up my BP comes back to normal.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm a straight balsamic and olive oil guy so that's not an issue.

That is an option for home. It's on the road where I had a real hard time. A place like Panera doesn't have that option. Hell, there's sugar in their chicken too.

Scruffy

Heal fast Tuna! Your health is your number one asset in life, prioritize it over all else. Without it, you can't even provide for you loved ones.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Holy crap Tuna. You are a train wreck!

Might you have suffered a mild concussion in the accident? Plus the stress of just dealing with that might have had something to do with the blood pressure. Take some time off and to just chill - maybe a week - do nothing - rest - cuddle with your wife. That last one will relieve more stress than any diet or medication. That and - I may have mentioned it - rest. Peace out.

bdfreetuna

Nah just mild seizure. I was taking Phenibut here and there for sleep.

I'm gonna be fine,

Thanks for the love and advice and support.

Rest and work. Doing HTML / CSS ain't that hard.

I will be back on my feet, new car about a week.

God bless you all.