• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Won the Election in NH Today?

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Based on my observation at Crotched Mt. today, the ski area did! With 4" of new fluff and many students having the day off (because their schools are used as polling places), we had a crowd that rivaled a weekend day.

Did other areas get a big "primary bump"?

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Hey folks. This isn't a political thread. Did anybody go skiing yesterday and if you did, did the crowd seem unusually large for a non-holiday Tuesday?

Last edited:

Edd

I skied on Tuesday at Wildcat and crowds were normal. We went to Bretton Woods the day before and it was pretty busy for a Monday. No lift lines, but a lot of families with kids of various ages. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Didn't appear organized. Damn kids never seem to be in school.

NYDB

I skied on Tuesday at Wildcat and crowds were normal. We went to Bretton Woods the day before and it was pretty busy for a Monday. No lift lines, but a lot of families with kids of various ages. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Didn't appear organized. Damn kids never seem to be in school.

Families took long weekends because boston, ny and other coastal area schools were closed. I do it all the time when I am on weekend trips. if it looks like a snowday monday at home, stay the extra day and ski.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com

Perhaps then, we have to look at the "day trip" areas to find the "Election Day" attendance bump. (And I wasn't talking about the long weekend phenomenon common at destination resorts that result in heavier crowds on Mondays and Fridays.)

dlague

Hey folks. This isn't a political thread. Did anybody go skiing yesterday and if you did, did the crowd seem unusually large for a non-holiday Tuesday?

We went to Pats as chaperons for my sons school program. While they did not groom the best trails, the crowds were really light which left more for me! The crowds were light because there was not much for race training going on.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Based on inputs to date on this thread, it seems that only Crotched Mt. had a large weekend-sized crowd that could be attributed to an "Election Day Bump." I therefore declare Crotched Mountain the winner of the NH Primary!