• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cranmore Plans $50 Million Base Expansion, Condo Development

SIKSKIER

Attitash,Bretton Woods,Crotched,andLoon.

Attachments

• attitashcondos.jpg
    attitashcondos.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 131
  • brettonwoodscondos.jpg
    brettonwoodscondos.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 131
  • crotchedcondos.jpg
    crotchedcondos.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 133
  • looncondos.jpg
    looncondos.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 131

yeggous

Attitash,Bretton Woods,Crotched,andLoon.

I forgot about Loon. Sadly I wasn't even counting Crotched as it is not a "resort" destination, nor is it competition for Cranmore.

Black has some too. But I don't consider them competition either.

xwhaler

Shawnee has slopeside housing as well and if you consider the condos Ragged built that u can rent add them to the list.

SIKSKIER

I forgot about Loon. Sadly I wasn't even counting Crotched as it is not a "resort" destination, nor is it competition for Cranmore.

Black has some too. But I don't consider them competition either.

And your point is well taken as Vermont has probably 10 times more than NH.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Would be great to see, but unlikely until there are additional improvements to route 16 shortening the commute. The available ski terrain in the valley is underutilized as is and I believe that's mainly due to access.

mbedle

Looking at the topo and the terrain off of Black Cap might be the best at the resort. Looks about 1000 vertical with no run outs and similar to the current resort's upper mountain slope.

killaky

Just the Beginning

Looking at the topo and the terrain off of Black Cap might be the best at the resort. Looks about 1000 vertical with no run outs and similar to the current resort's upper mountain slope.

This is just the beginning for Cranmore's next generation. They will invest more into an all-season mountain village with 2-3x more condos (because the demand is there) and more retail, a Black Cap expansion that brings the resort to 100 trails (largest in New Hampshire), and a mountain village to North Conway village lift that connects the two areas. It is a no-brainer.

The Cranmore mountain village will eventually be a nightlife destination with more restaurants and retail. They will be able to offer festivals, and other events at the base. Since there are no other options other than Schouler Park. Having NH's largest ski resort within a short lift ride (cabriolet lift similar to Mont Tremblant) makes so much sense.

Edd

This is just the beginning for Cranmore's next generation. They will invest more into an all-season mountain village with 2-3x more condos (because the demand is there) and more retail, a Black Cap expansion that brings the resort to 100 trails (largest in New Hampshire), and a mountain village to North Conway village lift that connects the two areas. It is a no-brainer.

The Cranmore mountain village will eventually be a nightlife destination with more restaurants and retail. They will be able to offer festivals, and other events at the base. Since there are no other options other than Schouler Park. Having NH's largest ski resort within a short lift ride (cabriolet lift similar to Mont Tremblant) makes so much sense.

Cranmore as the largest ski area in NH...I’ll believe that when I see it, but I certainly think there’s potential for growth and more business. Does anyone know how well the new units are selling?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Jully

What is the terrain like off Black Cap. Cranmore, even if it had the most trails in NH would still lack vertical and pitch compared to Attitash/Wildcat nearby. It currently isn't even on my radar when I'm in the valley and an extra 700 vert or whatever Black Cap is wouldn't change much for me because that vertical addition wouldn't really be continuous.

Vaughn

What is the terrain like off Black Cap. Cranmore, even if it had the most trails in NH would still lack vertical and pitch compared to Attitash/Wildcat nearby. It currently isn't even on my radar when I'm in the valley and an extra 700 vert or whatever Black Cap is wouldn't change much for me because that vertical addition wouldn't really be continuous.

That's Bretton Woods' move!

Jully

No idea, I was just responding to killaky. Not sure where he’d get that info.

I think it would have to be trail count only. Loon, BW, and even Attitash both have a good amount of acreage that it would be tough for Cranmore to surpass.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Black Cap sort of a secondary Peak and it won't really add skiable vertical? It will just be playing with the numbers like SR does to claim 2300 vertical

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app