• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cranmore Plans $50 Million Base Expansion, Condo Development

jmgard

For Attitash I've even done 93 to 302 since I park at Bear anyway. A little circuitous but entirely avoids 16 and North Conway, much less stressful driving. Going through both Notches is a nice bonus too

AdironRider

That seems like a ways out of the way to get to Attitash.

No doubt a nice drive though.

ThinkSnow

Regardless of Rt 16's shortcomings, sometimes taking the highway isn't always better. Last week on the way up to the MWV, there was a total d-bag with CT plates trailering his sleds almost exclusively in the fast lane on 95, with few breaks into the other lanes-- which totally screwed up traffic flow.

Smellytele

Regardless of Rt 16's shortcomings, sometimes taking the highway isn't always better. Last week on the way up to the MWV, there was a total d-bag with CT plates trailering his sleds almost exclusively in the fast lane on 95, with few breaks into the other lanes-- which totally screwed up traffic flow.
95 or 93?
One good thing about 93 now is it is 70mph. Either way (16 or 93) is going to suck Friday evening and Sunday late afternoon. 16 has a better chance anytime day or night getting stuck behind a tool bag going 40 in a 50.

jmgard

95 or 93?
One good thing about 93 now is it is 70mph. Either way (16 or 93) is going to suck Friday evening and Sunday late afternoon. 16 has a better chance anytime day or night getting stuck behind a tool bag going 40 in a 50.

The 70 zone definitely made it even better. I guess it's just up to personal preference- since I'm a little west of Boston 93/302 and 95/16 take approx. the same time but I am a lot more comfortable driving on a full freeway as opposed to an older highway with stoplights and towns and such. Plus I grew up skiing at Loon so I'm very familiar with 93 and know when I gotta watch out for the 5-0...

Edd

Can’t find a proper link for this story but here’s Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/CbLU9R8Fg05/?utm_medium=copy_link

They’ve broken ground for the new base lodge, which will include 15 residential units. I happened to ski there on Tuesday this week. The residential units are all already under contract, which took a fraction of the time than it did for the first phase of units they built.

Zips Pub will live on for a few seasons but it’s all getting replaced eventually. It’s nice to see so much $ being invested into a New England ski area.

thebigo

Can’t find a proper link for this story but here’s Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/CbLU9R8Fg05/?utm_medium=copy_link

They’ve broken ground for the new base lodge, which will include 15 residential units. I happened to ski there on Tuesday this week. The residential units are all already under contract, which took a fraction of the time than it did for the first phase of units they built.

Zips Pub will live on for a few seasons but it’s all getting replaced eventually. It’s nice to see so much $ being invested into a New England ski area.

What ever happened to the short term rental ban in Conway?

Took the kids to cranmore last summer and they were busy on a day with marginal weather. Bar at the top had a line for outrageously priced tuckermans in a plastic cup, lines for mountain coaster and several other activities. Vail's sabotage of the summer business at Attitash has led to an off season boom at Cranmore. Cranmore also does a robust tubing business. I would guess these units sell as quickly as they can build them.

We would be looking if at a different stage in life but the kids are tied into the ragged comp programs for the next decade. A new construction condo at Cranmore offers everything for a retirement second home: low maintenance, night skiing out your back door, shared pass with BW, dining and shopping for the wife, abundant summer activities for grandkids. One mile walk downtown for dogwalks and dinner in the summer, sounds about perfect.