• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Valley Update on Feb 11th - Ski it if You Can on Feb 12th

cdskier

Skied today. Snowmaking trails are excellent. Really couldn't be better. Natural snow trails have no base. Went into the woods briefly off paradise and the snow was a tease. No base.

Based on what I saw last weekend...this is pretty much what I would have expected. Really would be great if there was a base underneath...I so want to get in the woods

WWF-VT

I skied at Mt Ellen today. Sunny but cold with temperature at 4 below zero at the base and 16 belowzero at the summit midday. Great snow but an empty mountain as the cold kept people off the hill. The usual groomers were true “packed powder”while natural snow trails skied better than expected. Tumbler, Cliffs and Hammerhead all had good cover. Tumbler was my favorite run today. Walt’s and Semi Tough still had fresh powder to be found. I called it a day at 2 PM and the temperature on my deck at 4:30 PM is now 16 below.

Last edited:

rocks860

Well that's good to hear. I may be heading up for the day on the 20th depending on how the appt with the ortho goes on the 18th.

nhskier1969

Even in the dog days of Summer, there is a General stark siting. Maybe he's excited about the upcoming La Nina season....