• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/15-2/18. A New Hope or We are Screwed.

VTKilarney

How likely is this track? I'm guessing that we are in the zone now where a change is not very likely.

bigbog

Think SL will survive...maybe on the icy side, for a day, but okay. Temps are predicted to drop back down in a couple days but I think our good snow will be gonzo. Fingers are crossed....
Another potential powder dump goes by the wayside:angry:.

Last edited:

nhskier1969

Think SL will survive...maybe on the icy side, for a day, but okay. Temps are predicted to drop back down to comfortable within ~12hrs +/-. Fingers are crossed....
Another potential powder dump goes by the wayside:angry:.

So let's set the record straight. The temperature in the Vermont mountains is going to rise 75+ degrees in less than two days. And Washington D.C. is going to get more snow than us.

WTF....

BenedictGomez

12688338_1008219712568824_7180545199236792834_n.png

I think this map is pretty reasonable given various model depictions. Hoping for a slight eastern shift so that at least Whiteface would be sparred from heavy rain.

VTKilarney

Q Burke is quite the optimist. From their Facebook page:

"Keep a close eye on Monday evening and Tuesday morning. Looks like we could see a nice accumulation on the front-end of another storm moving up the coast."

BenedictGomez

Q Burke is quite the optimist. From their Facebook page:

"Keep a close eye on Monday evening and Tuesday morning. Looks like we could see a nice accumulation on the front-end of another storm moving up the coast."

To be fair, they didnt say "what" would be accumulating.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_6.png

catsup948

It's going to rain hard and briefly torch during this storm but I'm curious how long the cold hangs out up north. It could set up a more prolonged period of freezing rain. This might help to save the snow pack a bit. Back edge snow is usually not to reliable but the NAM and GFS are both showing the potential for some especially in Vermont.

mriceyman

Looks like a pretty good net gain for my plans for Saturday:

A little rain and a thin coat of ice in between 2 bursts of decent snowfall (Saturday will snow all day for free refills as well, supposedly).

http://www.onthesnow.com/vermont/pico-mountain-at-killington/longterm-weather.html?rptType=snow

Please stop using that biased garbage "weather" forecast here. I would've thought you learned your lesson with them. The weekend looks good but Tuesday not so much

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

Please stop using that biased garbage "weather" forecast here. I would've thought you learned your lesson with them. The weekend looks good but Tuesday not so much

I hope Tuna gets gap insurance for his next vehicle.

JDMRoma

12688338_1008219712568824_7180545199236792834_n.png

I think this map is pretty reasonable given various model depictions. Hoping for a slight eastern shift so that at least Whiteface would be sparred from heavy rain.

Oh my god he does know where Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont are !!

Shocker !!!

Smellytele

Looks like a pretty good net gain for my plans for Saturday:

A little rain and a thin coat of ice in between 2 bursts of decent snowfall (Saturday will snow all day for free refills as well, supposedly).

http://www.onthesnow.com/vermont/pico-mountain-at-killington/longterm-weather.html?rptType=snow

While Friday night should bring some snow, Saturday at K is calling for a mix - Rain and snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Very windy, with a west wind around 50 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Please don't crash another car and don't have a heart attack or stroke.

Will this turn into another Tuna feast thread?

skibumski

Track is pretty locked in. At this point we can only hope that they're slightly off on temperature so we get snow for longer before the rain.

bdfreetuna

No more rain for Mid VT upwards. Just a sprinkle in the Berkshires. 6" of snow before the weekend in Berkshires and more in VT.

bdfreetuna

The weekend looks very good. And only once in my entire ski career have they been wrong. You figure it out for yourselves.

OTS gives you forecast for base and peak elevation at mountains. Don't use it if you don't like it. I've only had one not extremely excellent day out so far this year. Can you all say the same?

I'm split between Berkshire East and Pico for Saturday. We'll see how things shape up.

Tin

No more rain for Mid VT upwards. Just a sprinkle in the Berkshires. 6" of snow before the weekend in Berkshires and more in VT.

acckucherasnowne.png

acckucherasnowne.png

acc10_1snowne.png

071703.jpg

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

12745634_1011458385592729_7822042093426246414_n.png

Please tell me where you see 6" in the Berkshires. I hope you're right. Just be safe driving this time, seriously dude.