• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/15-2/18. A New Hope or We are Screwed.

bdfreetuna

He's talking about my last trip to K Mart, the one time I've been wrong on conditions and had a kind of shitty day probably in the last half decade.

I didn't ski in December this year but I think we all got caught by surprise by the crappiness of El Nino.

And I probably would have been skiing trees unless the ground was bare... unless you haven't picked that up by now ;)

BenedictGomez

Cold air hanging on longer than modeled from the first live reports in the south = incremental positive news.

finding-silver-linings-500x500.gif

steamboat1

He's talking about my last trip to K Mart, the one time I've been wrong on conditions and had a kind of shitty day probably in the last half decade.

I didn't ski in December this year but I think we all got caught by surprise by the crappiness of El Nino.

And I probably would have been skiing trees unless the ground was bare... unless you haven't picked that up by now ;)

Guess you missed the call with the 9"-20" that fell last week in central/northern VT. I didn't, had fresh snow three mornings in a row.

DHS is right, you're 2 for 2 so far with your third coming tomorrow.

BenedictGomez

What about the system moving in on Friday?

I really don't want to bag my trip at the end of Feb...

I'm in the same boat. Temps will be something that need watching though, it's modeled on the good at the moment, but close, and given this season I'm taking nothing for granted. Could be decent if the mountains help it overperform.

njdiver85

Thanks. Would be great if So VT gets a delay in the move from snow to rain, but still looks like it's gonna happen by 6am. Not a lot of time for accumulation.

ScottySkis

Snowing light in mid Hudson valley now.

Not looking forward to driving in the at 4 am Tuesday morning to get to work.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bdfreetuna

Guess you missed the call with the 9"-20" that fell last week in central/northern VT. I didn't, had fresh snow three mornings in a row.

DHS is right, you're 2 for 2 so far with your third coming tomorrow.

Nice for you to have a car right now. I have no idea what you're talking about otherwise.

Well lookey here, the maps are trending like I said it was gonna be. Good times for skiing coming up. I wonder who's gonna be the first to admit "Tuna called it first"..

VTKilarney

Nice for you to have a car right now. I have no idea what you're talking about otherwise.

Well lookey here, the maps are trending like I said it was gonna be. Good times for skiing coming up. I wonder who's gonna be the first to admit "Tuna called it first"..

It is nice to have a car. Really nice. This is why I am shocked that you aren't replacing your car for another few weeks. It is ski season, after all.

Rowsdower

Snowing like crazy here in NJ.

Any chance this isn't a complete wash out and we at least lock in with a lot of ice? I'll take the ice if we get a couple more little snow events after this.

Its not ideal, but its better than destroying what base we have.

bdfreetuna

It is nice to have a car. Really nice. This is why I am shocked that you aren't replacing your car for another few weeks. It is ski season, after all.

My wife has a car, my father has a car. I have a few other things to take care of right now besides making an impulse car purchase.

tnt1234

Supposed to be heading north friday after work. Really getting tired of bagging this trip saying "next weekend will be better"....

Ug.

Some one asked about canada - Tremblant forecast looks solid.