• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Superstar stockpiles!

SIKSKIER

Anybody know what they are building at the bottom of Snowshed?Maybe setting up a concert venue?

Attachments

• killingtonsnowshed.jpg
    killingtonsnowshed.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 242

steamboat1

Anybody know what they are building at the bottom of Snowshed?Maybe setting up a concert venue?
Could be either the new zip line across Snowshed Pond they're supposed to put in or possibly where they plan to move the smaller u-bar from Superstar. That would be my guess.

Last edited:

chuckstah

Fun turns on SS today with Cornhead. Its going quick. Reverse S has formed up high. The end is near. Its down to three good sized patches with a bit of grass skiing in between.

Attachments

• 1464825773666.jpg
    1464825773666.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 1464825828482.jpg
    1464825828482.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 213

drjeff

Fun turns on SS today with Cornhead. Its going quick. Reverse S has formed up high. The end is near. Its down to three good sized patches with a bit of grass skiing in between.

Kudos to you guys for getting turns today!

This is exactly why a strong, vibrant K with attitude and swagger is needed not just for skiing/riding in the Northeast, but also the US ski scene, as others take notice and up their games, and we all benefit!

steamboat1

I see the snow bridge someone had built already melted out when you guys were up there.
Strong effort...:beer:

attachment.php

Attachments

• rsz_20160601_114535[1].jpg
    rsz_20160601_114535[1].jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 396

Cornhead

We earned our turns, in more ways than one! I think these are from the weekend, no bug spray then, but the black flies were out in force.
1464884201343.jpg

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
What to go!!! I bailed not wanting to be questioned by customs and then it rained here yesterday closer to home. Maybe I'll find some snow, but Superstar definitely looked like fun minus the bugs.

steamboat1

What to go!!! I bailed not wanting to be questioned by customs and then it rained here yesterday closer to home. Maybe I'll find some snow, but Superstar definitely looked like fun minus the bugs.
Here's an idea for you Pat.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 'Merisa's%20solution%20to%20black%20flies.jpg
    'Merisa's%20solution%20to%20black%20flies.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 540

Cornhead

Pat, I was hoping you'd be there, I was looking forward to meeting the King of off-season skiing! Yes, one of those head nets would've been great, do they make body nets?

mister moose

The new phone pole tower by the maze is for some kind of jump/rapel thing from 2 levels. The zip line is going from tower 4 on the old double to the phone poles across the pond next to the hotel. Walk to skiing, zip line back in the winter?

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Pat, I was hoping you'd be there, I was looking forward to meeting the King of off-season skiing! Yes, one of those head nets would've been great, do they make body nets?

A bad ankle (broken in October) and long drive made me look at other options. If the lift would have spun, I would have been down.

I got my turn today at St-Sauveur. It was apparently continuous until the final pitch last Sunday, it wasn't the case today. I have a few options for July...one close to MSS the other out West during our family vacation at the end of July, but that last option didn't seem to popular at home.

Mammoth is also closing July 4, but I think someone in my household wouldn't to happy if I left for California considering my end of Summer NZ (without family) trip.

SIKSKIER

The new phone pole tower by the maze is for some kind of jump/rapel thing from 2 levels. The zip line is going from tower 4 on the old double to the phone poles across the pond next to the hotel. Walk to skiing, zip line back in the winter?

This is right next to the bottom of the detach on Snowshed.I can see stairs now.The Grandview cam shows it really well.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170312/2637448b82711648dc306b351c6299a4.jpg[/IMG
June!

Sent from my LG-H901 using [URL=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73733]AlpineZone mobile app[/URL]