• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Superstar stockpiles!

dlague

I never have seen so much excitement over one trail. Yes I have skied Killington when it was just SS and was excited about it but my perspective is way different now. I guess if you are in New England then that is the deal right now.

As far as King of Spring - it is location location location. Others could blow a huge mound that are further north but the skiers/boarder visits might be to low.

Savemeasammy

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1463944778.189367.jpg
After this season, I didn't think it would have been possible to bring my kid skiing on his birthday!

There looks to be enough snow on the trail to go another weekend - they would likely have to do some farming though.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiadikt

for folks who haven't seen it, here's my video chronicling the triumph of 1997 (and the agony of defeat in 2007). on memorial weekend '97 supe was top-to-bottom and edge to edge. as someone mentioned (asc's first season) they blew nearly 30ft on superstar and helped by some very favorable weather including some may snow. as seen we're skiing bumps on skye lark and a closed double dip and even ol looked mostly skiable.

https://youtu.be/fmh5ZuIalmU

Tin

I never have seen so much excitement over one trail. Yes I have skied Killington when it was just SS and was excited about it but my perspective is way different now. I guess if you are in New England then that is the deal right now.

68487086.jpg

Savemeasammy

It's late May. SS is open. The bumps are kick-ass.

I'll take it.

Cornhead

Wow, not good enough to post pics of a 90% open A-basin complete with bikini shots, now you gotta try to kill our buzz about being able to ski at all in late May after the disastrous Winter we've had, thanks buddy. Shouldn't you be posting on Epic, or TGR now that your a Coloradan?;)

dlague

Wow, not good enough to post pics of a 90% open A-basin complete with bikini shots, now you gotta try to kill our buzz about being able to ski at all in late May after the disastrous Winter we've had, thanks buddy. Shouldn't you be posting on Epic, or TGR now that your a Coloradan?;)

Hey we are all having fun. I been there done that at K town and I know your desire to ski what is lift served still.

BTW I have accounts at the forums but just do not get the same vibe as the group here.

The reality is we are all still skiing and the fact that Killington will make to next weekend is awesome - good for them, good for you!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

JDMRoma

My guess is no one east of the Mississippi can see the fun in your post. Just you rubbing salt.

Really ! Lighten up Francis.
I don't get that vibe at all.
Daves skied the worst of the worst with us all here in the east.

chuckstah

Things not looking great on the SS cam for continuous T2B bumping this weekend:

View attachment 20246

Looks like it will be walking at the headwall and the 2 choke points. It remains to be seen whether it will be ski on/off or carry the stix. Or they could groom the entire thing for top to bottom that would last til noon on Friday? Monday will be tough with the forecast. Hope they make it!

benski

Looks like it will be walking at the headwall and the 2 choke points. It remains to be seen whether it will be ski on/off or carry the stix. Or they could groom the entire thing for top to bottom that would last til noon on Friday? Monday will be tough with the forecast. Hope they make it!

Why not throw a rug down on top of the wood/dirt where you load. I don't see why you can't ski on a little carpet in the loading area. I would think an old rug would beet walk on.

Zand

We're now officially at the point of "beyond last year" and the coverage looks a lot better than it did on closing day last year. Going to lose the rest very quickly the next few days though...unfortunately Memorial Day isn't as much as a certainty (at least not top-to-bottom no walking) as it seemed a few days ago.