• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

We are a country wusses!

Edd

Haven't seen the news but it will be, in fact, pretty cold. It's been a mild winter so it sort of passes for news given our incredibly low standards. Most folks dig warm weather. It doesn't necessarily make them wusses.

dlague

I say get out and ski if you can talk the rest of your family into it!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Rowsdower

I don't know about you guys, but the temperature swings never put me in good health.

I always feel under the weather when it goes from the 50s one week into the teens the next.

skibumski

I'll be layering up and hopefully enjoying unusually short lift lines for a holiday weekend tomorrow. Bring on more of these news stories!

Scruffy

Saw on the news today that NYC canceled some sort of ICE festival in central park tomorrow, because it will be 0 F degrees !! Yes, we have become a nation of wusses.

Jully

Saw on the news today that NYC canceled some sort of ICE festival in central park tomorrow, because it will be 0 F degrees !! Yes, we have become a nation of wusses.

That's just sad... I find the cold refreshing. Love walking outside in the morning to some nice cold air!

deadheadskier

Staff member
It's all relative. I'll be fine this weekend and "tuff".

However; throw a 85 degree day at me with 90% humidity?

You'll find me hoveled indoors naked in front of an AC unit.

I am a way bigger wuss in the heat and humidity than the average whiney New Englander is in the cold.

Tin

Says the man who can't ski because of a few broken bones. Bones, who needs bones to ski? Suck it up!

Bene288

New Englanders are supposed to be tough! Im off to play pond hockey on an island. "Stay inside", my ass.

Definitely getting worse. I couldn't believe how the whole Boston area shut down for 3-4" of blower snow on a weekday!

ScottySkis

Either you've been hanging with Scotty a little too much or you're really digging whatever pain meds the docs gave you for your injury:D
I have no problem skiing or being outside in the cold. I am glad and I bet their lot more people who your friends with in real life who hang with Mary just don't tell you because of these stupid ideas people have about Cannibus.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

I have no problem skiing or being outside in the cold. I am glad and I bet their lot more people who your friends with in real life who hang with Mary just don't tell you because of these stupid ideas people have about Cannibus.

The way you type I just assume you're permanently attached to Mary!

ScottySkis

I usually due it on purpose. I have learning disability. I could type 100% correctly all the time with with words spelled out on the screen for me but that would nottttt be scootty language lol.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Los

It's brutally cold at cannon today. It's fine at the base, but on the mountain it's unbearable. Having said that I'm hearing and seeing plenty of people who don't seem to be having a problem. Maybe I need a new face mask or something.

JDMRoma

It's brutally cold at cannon today. It's fine at the base, but on the mountain it's unbearable. Having said that I'm hearing and seeing plenty of people who don't seem to be having a problem. Maybe I need a new face mask or something.

We're here ! Over heating at the moment and at be bar ! Awesome conditions !

Edd

Just got word that Gunstock is dead. Presumably due to cold. That's bad for this particular weekend. Gunstock usually kills it on any Saturday.

mriceyman

New Englanders are supposed to be tough! Im off to play pond hockey on an island. "Stay inside", my ass.

Definitely getting worse. I couldn't believe how the whole Boston area shut down for 3-4" of blower snow on a weekday!

Our first pond hockey day will be monday.. This weather blows