• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Breckingridge tickets $164?

1Kathleen

Thanks for all the other tips as well. 7" of new snow last night and 5" more expected tonight. I may look Phil later in the week when get tired of chasing my kids. I think we will just stay at Copper for our 5 days, looks like there is plenty for us to ski right here.

Cannonball

Copper was pretty amazing today. Woke up to a solid 6-8" and it never stopped snowing all day. We are staying right at the Super B so we were in line for opening bell. Fast laps on that for the first hour were amazing. There was a strong West wind up top that kept storm king closed all day. Spaulding Bowl will be heavily loaded and untouched for tomorrow. Copper bowl and Reso were deep!

I am luggage...

drjeff

lol... good thing that was never on my bucket list anyway. Mitt Romney can have it all to himself.

FYI - Mitt Romney is a Deer Valley guy - he has a house trailside in the Deercrest section of the area about mid way down the Jordanelle Trail on skiers right ;)

dlague

i just got back from copper/steamboat/winter park on a 7 day max pass trip. it was sweet but it was spring skiing in feb. copper was my easy favorite for steeps, but they need a serious injection of new snow. high pressure ridge had temps pushing 40 with blazing sun. i got a hell of a tan and white chin strap tanline. bulletproof groomers only at 9, venture into the sunny backside off piste around 11, back to the front side when the backside turns to mush at 1. they're lucky they have a deep base. lots of grass starting to show thru on the resolution liftline.

re: vail corp lift tix - you just dont do it. if you have any inclination to ski 4+ days at a vail resort, you buy some variant of the epic pass. otherwise, you ski elsewhere in co. copper has BOGO deals at shell stations.

I agree - we wil be hitting Loveland, A basin and Eldora (originally Cooper but Eldora has more to offer IMO) with the Gem 2 fer card and then workplace for Copper ($60) and Snowmass ($94) with and average cost of $55 per day. Even at $94 for Snowmass I struggle since there are 5 of us so it is a $500 day from the get go.

skiNEwhere

Copper was pretty amazing today. Woke up to a solid 6-8" and it never stopped snowing all day. We are staying right at the Super B so we were in line for opening bell. Fast laps on that for the first hour were amazing. There was a strong West wind up top that kept storm king closed all day. Spaulding Bowl will be heavily loaded and untouched for tomorrow. Copper bowl and Reso were deep!

I am luggage...

Check out sail away glade. Skied it on Sunday with only a couple inches of snow and it skied very well while the rest of the mtn was essentially dust on crust.

dlague

FWIW IMO
Eldora = Wachusett. It's primary appeal is its convenience.

Ski Cooper = Saddleback. Better than average snowfall. Zero crowds. Awesome history, vibe, views....

Eldora seems to have Corona Bowl with advanced trails and has more vert and acres than Cooper. So Cooper yes and Eldora no? IYO

Cannonball

Check out sail away glade. Skied it on Sunday with only a couple inches of snow and it skied very well while the rest of the mtn was essentially dust on crust.

Sail Away has always been a favorite small stash when transiting from East to West. It didn't disappoint today!

Reso and Spaulding were loaded up today!

snoseek

I took a girl on a date to cooper once and had a great time but on my own that place is flat as hell!

Eldora on the upslope storms or travel out days. Theres some decent terrain there imo

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

dlague

FWIW IMO
Eldora = Wachusett. It's primary appeal is its convenience.

Ski Cooper = Saddleback. Better than average snowfall. Zero crowds. Awesome history, vibe, views....

In general yes. But All depends on your location and current conditions.

I took a girl on a date to cooper once and had a great time but on my own that place is flat as hell!

Eldora on the upslope storms or travel out days. Theres some decent terrain there imo

Cooper's pretty mellow. Eldora, Monarch and Sunlight all offer more advanced terrain. But depending on where you're based Cooper could be worth a visit. It's got history and soul being near 10th Mtn Division's WWII training grounds.

AND it's got Bush Mogul Master.

You guys are confusing the hell out of me - Eldora we will ski on our last day there then head to the airport for a 5:30 flight! Cooper is still up in the air.

What is the chance of catching up with some of the CO AZoners?

Cannonball

You guys are confusing the hell out of me - Eldora we will ski on our last day there then head to the airport for a 5:30 flight! Cooper is still up in the air.

What is the chance of catching up with some of the CO AZoners?

Seems like we are all saying the same thing.

Eldora is a perfect hit on the day you fly out.

Cooper is small, flattish, and out of the way. It also (can) get amazing snow, has great vibe, cool history, etc.

skiNEwhere

Hopefully this ridge of death that's been in the west for the last 2+ weeks clears out by the time you get here. It's been pretty dry and very warm the last couple weeks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• meh.jpg
    meh.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 85

snoseek

Ridge broke down for just long enough for a 2.5 foot quick hitting storm yesterday. Ridge comes back in for 6 or so more days. I think march will deliver