• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Breckingridge tickets $164?

1Kathleen

Heading to Copper on Monday for MA school vacation. Picked Copper because it's on the Max Pass. We had planned to do a day or two at Breck, just attempted to buy tickets on line. Holy cow...the discounted on-line price is $164. Is anyone aware of other discount channels! If $164 is the on-line price the full price must be really crazy. Also does anyone have any Copper tips? Very excited to be leaving town, the weather looks likes it's going to be a great week.

Edd

The Vail resorts, of which Breck is one, require a seven day advance purchase online to get a "discount " of maybe $135 or so. Yep, it's obscene.

I've spent a few days at Copper, which I find amazing, but I'm no expert at it. It's an extremely well laid out and easy to navigate area, as 3000+ acre resorts go. Cannonball used to work there, and could tell you plenty about it, I presume.

chuckstah

Heading to Copper on Monday for MA school vacation. Picked Copper because it's on the Max Pass. We had planned to do a day or two at Breck, just attempted to buy tickets on line. Holy cow...the discounted on-line price is $164. Is anyone aware of other discount channels! If $164 is the on-line price the full price must be really crazy. Also does anyone have any Copper tips? Very excited to be leaving town, the weather looks likes it's going to be a great week.

Maybe consider a day at Loveland instead? Great terrain, with a trade off of fixed grip chairs. Lots of discount tickets are available on ebay or through lodging properties in Summit County .The day prices for Vail resorts are obscene!

1Kathleen

We have 5 days of tickets for Copper, hopefully we won't get bored. I did ski one day at Copper about 20 years ago on a Breck trip. All I remember is that a had fun there in the woods, don't remember anything else. Thanks, I'll check out Loveland. Not familiar with that area at all.

Cannonball

Also does anyone have any Copper tips? Very excited to be leaving town, the weather looks likes it's going to be a great week.

I'm heading there tomorrow and will be there all of next week. As Edd mentioned I used to work there and know my way around the mountain well. Although that was a long time ago so I don't know my way around the fully redeveloped village. PM when you get out there, I'll try to point you in the right direction. Copper is laid out well with different 'pods' that offer distinct challenge levels and conditions. You'll find something that suits you for sure!

snoseek

Vail resorts supplements dirt cheap passes with $$$ day tickets. It drives big volume and honestly they fucking clean up. Plus 12 dollar pints....pack a lunch

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

1Kathleen

I'm heading there tomorrow and will be there all of next week. As Edd mentioned I used to work there and know my way around the mountain well. Although that was a long time ago so I don't know my way around the fully redeveloped village. PM when you get out there, I'll try to point you in the right direction. Copper is laid out well with different 'pods' that offer distinct challenge levels and conditions. You'll find something that suits you for sure!

Great, will pm you.

Smellytele

Copper is laid out well with different 'pods' that offer distinct challenge levels and conditions. You'll find something that suits you for sure!

This is a plus and a minus. If you are skiing with people of different abilities you may have to ski on different lifts most of the time.

Smellytele

Planning well ahead is key when skiing the bigger areas out there. Just got lucky and have a buddy I can get buddy tickets for like $89. Even buying online for Vail well in advance they are 151.

snoseek

Anyone ive personally met on here i have a half price voucher or two.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

mikestaple

Was out there over Christmas. I think there are discounts in the supermarket complex in Dillon. Or the Christie's sports on the main road into town (not Main Street, but the road off the traffic circle). Secret of Vail resorts is if you buy the multi day, you can apply for a refund on what you don't use. Just ask them. My brother found that out at Breck last year.

Hit the super bee lift and that pod for excellent front side black runs. Get your bumps on on Over Load. Get up early and get on the back side. That is tremendous skiing and scenery. Put the kids in a day long lesson with Phil at the school. (Do the private and ask for him). He's their PSIA 3 level. Grew up in VT and Haystack. He worked worked my set of 5 kids (10 to 16 in age) all over the mountain and gave them all excellent age appropriate instructions and the kids had a great day. (Quote of the day was when he had them on top of a black and he was telling the two kids from the Midwest how to ski it. Then he turned to the three from the east and said. "East coast. Some ice. You've got this." Classic)

Check the daily lunch special at the lodge near the Super Bee lift. You can get the daily full entree for $5.99. Mid mountain lodge has decent etoufee if you like Cajun.

More of the backside is open now then when I was out there. All of that appears to be excellent.

If you are looking to use your pass (I have the same one) and can do the drive, Steamboat is 90 minutes up 40. Magically trees there. Beautiful area. Have fun.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

dlague

Working Advantage has Aspen/Snowmass passes for 96?

And Copper lift tickets for $60.

Also we bought the Gem Card which you have to buy three weeks in advance which gives 2 for 1 lift tickets for A Basin, LoveLand and we will use it for one other of the eight it covers. If you are already there, maybe the best bet would be to find out where their office is and buy it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

4aprice

Doesn't the Max Pass have Winter Park on it as well? (Steamboat too I think) WP is as good as Break IMO and not a bad drive from the Dillon area. Another side question is when is next years Max Pass going on sale and will anything be added or subtracted.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

mikestaple

Doesn't the Max Pass have Winter Park on it as well? (Steamboat too I think) WP is as good as Break IMO and not a bad drive from the Dillon area. Another side question is when is next years Max Pass going on sale and will anything be added or subtracted.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Winter Park is on the pass. If you don't want to drive further and love bumps - hit Winter Park. Love the trees - go a little further to Steamboat.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

i just got back from copper/steamboat/winter park on a 7 day max pass trip. it was sweet but it was spring skiing in feb. copper was my easy favorite for steeps, but they need a serious injection of new snow. high pressure ridge had temps pushing 40 with blazing sun. i got a hell of a tan and white chin strap tanline. bulletproof groomers only at 9, venture into the sunny backside off piste around 11, back to the front side when the backside turns to mush at 1. they're lucky they have a deep base. lots of grass starting to show thru on the resolution liftline.

re: vail corp lift tix - you just dont do it. if you have any inclination to ski 4+ days at a vail resort, you buy some variant of the epic pass. otherwise, you ski elsewhere in co. copper has BOGO deals at shell stations.