• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Redemption Storm? 02/23/2016 - 02/26/2016

WoodCore

Perhaps said weather forecast is the cause of this tension! Maybe we should talk about smores instead?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Rain and more rain. Now I'm really sad.

I've got to fly to Detroit on Wednesday for an important meeting. I'm pretty convinced that it will snow that day and I'll have travel challenges. That's happened about 75% of my flights the past two winters.

bdfreetuna

TunaCast Model 3030 is shifting towards an all snow event for I-90 North ;)

PowderAlert potential for Wed but too early to call.

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

I'll see if I can call in a favor with Yahweh. Doesn't always pan out, He likes to work in mysterious ways beyond all human understanding.

mriceyman

Is 3030 the year it will get the precip right in a storm?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

steamboat1

Damn, now you've gone & screwed it all up. I actually had my hopes up with your earlier prediction of rain. Don't pay much attention to these other so called weathermen, they don't know sqat. You're the man, consistently wrong. Please tell me it's going to rain.

Last edited:

WoodCore

Just took the plow off the ATV. I think it's pretty safe to say that the fat lady is singing "we bid you goodnight" to this winter. Time to thatch the lawn and tune up the mountain bike.

BenedictGomez

BG, I appreciate your posting those storm tracks even though they are depressing.

Not as depressing as week-after-week being one of the first people to realize the next week is going to be awful.

creis.jpg

You are missing my point entirely. Somebody could start worshipping Ullr tomorrow and I would consider it just as legitimate as the next "god" if that's what he/she chooses to put their faith in.

You are correct. I did miss the point entirely.

I just assumed you didn't realize that nobody really worships Ullr, or at least since approximately 200 AC at best.

But I was wrong, and didn't understand this was all a convoluted attempt on your part to dismiss all religions globally. Lesson learned.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You are correct. I did miss the point entirely.

I just assumed you didn't realize that nobody really worships Ullr, or at least since approximately 200 AC at best.

But I was wrong, and didn't understand this was all a convoluted attempt on your part to dismiss all religions globally. Lesson learned.

You missed again

I wasn't dismissing any religion. Quite the opposite.

People are free to put faith in whatever they want. There is absolutely nothing tangible in this world to legitimize Catholicism over Judaism or Hinduism or whatever. No one religion is more (or less) legitimate than the next. History and active participation do not matter because all religions come from the same place.....human imaginative invention.

What I get from you is that you're so convinced that no one worships Ullr that it's worth mocking that notion. I'm not sure how you can come to such conclusions by a google search. There's 7 Billion people in this world. Surely one (or many) could believe in Ullr and if they did I'd have to respect them just like I do the 2 billion Catholics. If someone said praise Indra would you carry the same dismissive tone?

I really don't know Tuna's motivation in telling people not to pray to Ullr. It could have been entirely tongue and cheek, but it's hard to tell with folks who are so overtly religious like he is. That's why I questioned him and was implying " hold your horses, don't tell people who not to worship."

I believe in both freedom OF religion and freedom FROM religion. Believe whatever you want, just don't impose those beliefs on others.

BenedictGomez

Well in my book you were wrong quite a few times.

How so?

I wasn't dismissing any religion. Quite the opposite.

There is absolutely nothing tangible in this world to legitimize Catholicism over Judaism or Hinduism or whatever. No one religion is more (or less) legitimate than the next....... all religions come from the same place.....human imaginative invention.

I'm not a lawyer, and I have no legal training.

But whatever the procedural mechanism is for simply saying, "Defense rests its' case" - that's what I'd like to do.

bzrperfspec77

I came on here excited after the weekend and saw all of the posts thinking the models are swaying towards the positive! Then 10 minutes later I had read through 10 pages of religion and how the season is pretty much shot... Oh well. Crappy Monday begins