• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Redemption Storm? 02/23/2016 - 02/26/2016

steamboat1

I'd be more interested to hear Tuna's take on this.

He's out swiping the Cumbies card, getting the Turbo ready for a run up to Kmart, in time for the upcoming "powder" day. :lol:
Looks primed.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4685.jpg
    IMG_4685.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 262

skibumski

Canadian improved dramatically this run and GFS looks unbelievably terrible again (the storm follows an absurd path through the Great Lakes), so there's still at least a small amount of daylight.

catsup948

The Canadian has been very consistent three runs in a row with bringing a low across New England rather than well west. I really hope other models pick up on it.

Los

Alternatively, you could get off your rump and monitor the storms yourself.

Better yet, just get "on" the map and come ski in the the Poconos, where the best ski conditions exist in the east.

No way dude. I've come to rely on you given your expertise in all things weather and climate.

Don't let me down.

JDMRoma

Alternatively, you could get off your rump and monitor the storms yourself.

Better yet, just get "on" the map and come ski in the the Poconos, where the best ski conditions exist in the east.

The pokes should be skiing really good after this week of .....RAIN ! All 900 vertical feet should be sweet !
Better break out your water skis BG

Best skiing in the east ..... What a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

catsup948

Euro is a rain storm. 3-6 front end maybe like last week. GFS is off in la la land. Canadian had a nice hit for NNE last night but the Canadian sucks.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The questions was "what is Tuna's take".

Take > takeaway. The latter is up to you.

I'll just say in general I don't support people telling others who and who not to pray to. Faith is highly personal. Yahweh is no more legitimate than Ullr and vice versa.

BenedictGomez

Canadian improved dramatically this run and GFS looks unbelievably terrible again

Wow, that's pretty amazing, a wonderful track too.

Sadly, it's the only model that has anything remotely similar to this, so we'd have to hope for an extremely statistically improbable event like last month's blizzard where the NAM picked up on something none of the others didn't. Very low probability.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I thought you were kidding with your last post.

FYI, people dont actually pray to Ullr.

I don't know that to be true and neither do you. There have literally been thousands of different gods throughout history that people have put their faith in. Someone wants to believe in Ullr, fine by me and just as legitimate as any other faith.

ChicoKat

12 o'clock GFS puts the low right above Lake Ontario and the Canadian puts it right over the daks. Each recent round of weather up here has resulted in a standing 8 count. I think this will be the knock out. Too bad, this season has taken its toll on people who rely on it for a living. Despite the weather gotta give people credit for getting at some some product out there.

bdfreetuna

Somebody asked for my *opinion*. I gave it. I believe it to be true. If that triggers you there are COEXIST bumper stickers available.

Pray to Satan for all I care it's not my job to convert people.

Speaking of Satan, what the hell is happening to this site? 3-4 years ago I remember this being vaguely fun. Seems like a lot of turnover. Is Nick still running this gig? Most of the mods seem MIA as well as a big chunk of the good members from just a couple years ago.

Thinking MIA is the way to go.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Satan has not taken over the forums. Nick still runs it. :lol:

Only constant is change. Same traffic as in years past. Some choose to move along, some stay, lots of great newer members in recent years too.

The forums are what you make of it. I meet new and cool people to ski with every year through these forums and still enjoy the conversations on here. Sorry you don't feel the same.