• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Redemption Storm? 02/23/2016 - 02/26/2016

delco714

Here in central Maine..the plant buds are growing in ...like lilies. Crazy!

skibumski

I'm not posting this as any sort of prediction that this is going to happen, but this winter has felt like there's a friggin wall around the northeast U.S. SNOW, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_14.png

tekweezle

Don't know if it will last or if it was just another annoyance that won't amount to anything but it's snowing in Manchester and Stratton right now. Just enough to slow traffic to a crawl on the way up. And if not, Maybe a powder day tomorrow?!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

drjeff

I'm not posting this as any sort of prediction that this is going to happen, but this winter has felt like there's a friggin wall around the northeast U.S. SNOW, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_14.png

Heck, this year, if that model pans out for the middle of next week or so, I'd take it! At least we'd generally be talking a DRY storm for the vast majority of the Northeast ski country rather than an inch plus of rain like we've had associated with each of the major storms the last 2 weeks!!

bdfreetuna

Killington and Pico are checking in this AM with 7" of fresh.

Most others 2"-4".

And yeah VTK the other was Bromont not Tremblant. I haven't skied up there but the only mountain that looks appealing to me is Sutton.

bdfreetuna

sugarbush also claiming 7" @ top, 1" at base

And MRG says 2" at the summit of General Stark. Hmm, that doesn't quite add up unless a few hundred feet a few miles away made a 5" difference.

Maybe they got a nice snow drift up on Mt Ellen ;) I hope it's legit!

ChicoKat

I live about 5 miles as the crow flies from the summit at Waterville. They are claiming 3-5. We woke up to about 1/2 inch tops. I think the divide by 2 to 2.5 is a good rule to knock the BS factor down. Snow flurries with a few moderate squalls right now. Next week looks active but mixed bag as of the latest Good For Shit model.

VTKilarney

Killington and Pico are checking in this AM with 7" of fresh.

Most others 2"-4".

And yeah VTK the other was Bromont not Tremblant. I haven't skied up there but the only mountain that looks appealing to me is Sutton.

Mont Sutton is reporting 57 out of 60 trails open, which is shocking to me after driving in that area yesterday. They must get a lot more snow than just a few miles north along the highway. They are also reporting 6.3 inches in the past 24 hours. Get there while you can!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I live about 5 miles as the crow flies from the summit at Waterville. They are claiming 3-5. We woke up to about 1/2 inch tops. I think the divide by 2 to 2.5 is a good rule to knock the BS factor down. Snow flurries with a few moderate squalls right now. Next week looks active but mixed bag as of the latest Good For Shit model.

I think elevation played a big part in areas above 2000' switching over to snow yesterday before most of the moisture moved out. It added up to a few extra inches over what lower elevations saw overnight.

steamboat1

I think you'd like Sutton. Nothing terribly steep but they have quite a few nice glade runs. The place also has more of an old time New England feel than the majority of areas in New England.

bdfreetuna

Maybe Sutton and Jay next weekend then :)

Last I checked Sutton was down to like 10 trails. I guess they were in damage control mode. Good to know!

tekweezle

4 inches of windblown snow at Stratton. Wouldn't be too bad if it all didn't get blown off the trails by the gusty winds....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk