• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Feb 19-21 2016

dlague

What's the deal with the night skiing there? I didn't see a night only pass on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is $72 a bit steep but they have 289 acres of night skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

cdskier

You guys gonna be up there Saturday? I'm gonna head up early tomorrow

This is to CDS too

I just got up here and my wheel bearing just started making grinding noises. So first thing tomorrow I need to find someone to replace that. I just dealt with this on the other side MLK weekend and ended up driving to a Midas in Rutland. Why can't this happen midweek at home instead of when I drive to vt?

So basically I have no idea when I'm skiing this weekend now. All depends how quickly I get my truck fixed.

rocks860

I just got up here and my wheel bearing just started making grinding noises. So first thing tomorrow I need to find someone to replace that. I just dealt with this on the other side MLK weekend and ended up driving to a Midas in Rutland. Why can't this happen midweek at home instead of when I drive to vt?

So basically I have no idea when I'm skiing this weekend now. All depends how quickly I get my truck fixed.

Oh man that sucks. By up here do you mean waitsfield area?

cdskier

Yup, was eating at localfolk when I posted that. Now I'm at my condo near the base of Lincoln peak...just started snowing too.

rocks860

Yup, was eating at localfolk when I posted that. Now I'm at my condo near the base of Lincoln peak...just started snowing too.

Only place I know of near there is by the church in town. I can't remember the name. I think they close early on Saturdays

rocks860

I'll be leaving as early as possible tomorrow, maybe like 430. Would like to get there before it's too packed

cdskier

Only place I know of near there is by the church in town. I can't remember the name. I think they close early on Saturdays

Haps. I checked with them MLK weekend and they said they weren't open Saturdays this winter due to less people being around with the sub par weather. That's why I ended up in Rutland last time at Midas. Planning to leave here early and try to get there when they open and hope they can take care of me.

Looks like a great day for Hunter, sunny warm, perfect for our east facing bump trails!

STREETSKIER

Barre / Montpelier you could take the bus to the mt after dropping it Midas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnt1234

My BOGO for camelback is blacked out today, so I guess we're heading to blue.

cdskier

Barre / Montpelier you could take the bus to the mt after dropping it Midas

There isn't one in barre or Montpelier that I could find. Closest were either Burlington or Rutland. The Rutland one opens earlier though so that's where I am now

Bumpsis

I'm still at Sugarloaf. Had great day yesterday on trails where they made snow. Groomed trails with no snow making required a good deal of caution due to random ice sheets, but mostly skiable.
Today, they report 4 inches of fresh, still coming down but temps trending upwards. Forecast for this afternoon is calling for a bit of rain as temps climb even higher. I'm not sure at this point if I'll make it up. Paying $ 90 for a 3 hours of skiing (I'm not fond of rain skiing) - not sure if it's worth it.

ScottySkis

A lot icy on Mohonk Trails with rocks that OK plenty of grass to walk in love being so close to this place.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

steamboat1

But heavens gate is on wind hold so the other lifts are packed

attachment.php

Attachments

• super-bravo-webcam.jpg
    super-bravo-webcam.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 142