• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Has anyone been to Elk since the rain? (2/17, 2/18?)

tnt1234

Heading to PA for a day tomorrow. Wanted to got o elk, but site indicates they groomed Tunk. That trail is the main reason I'd drive the extra 45mins. Was thinking nice big bumps on the warm day Sat. would be kind of fun.

Anyone been? Did they level it? Or just groom half?

Might do CB or Blue instead just for the shorter drive.

tnt1234

At blue now. Surprisingly good conditions.

I think that is where we're going to end up. Called elk and they leveled Tunk after the rain. Aren't going to groom it tonight, but doubtful there will be any significant moguls by tomorrow.

I just worry about the soul crushing crowds at Blue, but oh well....it's closer....and there will be bumps.

gahskier

Blue will probably reseed their bumps tonight on Main Street. Tomorrow should be a great day. Crowds are manageable if you ride the Main Street Chair. Will be up in the AM.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Blue will probably reseed their bumps tonight on Main Street. Tomorrow should be a great day. Crowds are manageable if you ride the Main Street Chair. Will be up in the AM.

Should be nice tomorrow , my plans changed I'm not going . Mogul comp tomorrow 2-4 . Saw they were blowing snow last night.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
IMG_2770.jpg
Heading to PA for a day tomorrow. Wanted to got o elk, but site indicates they groomed Tunk. That trail is the main reason I'd drive the extra 45mins. Was thinking nice big bumps on the warm day Sat. would be kind of fun.

Anyone been? Did they level it? Or just groom half?

Might do CB or Blue instead just for the shorter drive.

Tunk...Best Trail in Northeast Pa. Hands Down !

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
The Poconos at times, have been the best skiing in the northeast this year.

#WorstSeasonEven

Was an eye opener going to the Summit , lots of brown on the way up . I remember another El nino year leaving Pa. and 24'' snow ,
jumping water bars at K mart on the 4 mi trail. I still have most of my yard covered with snow ,6'' in places.

Well it's not over yet , there's still hope! Cold and stormy the next few weeks.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
My two best days of this lame season were both at Blue Mountain...

I really wanted to get out ,not a fan of Blue on the weekends but sounds like it was'nt crowded . I
was swamped by a relatives home clean out. Amazing how much stuff accumulates in 80yrs.
My consulation prizes were'nt bad . A 1937 bottle of Leroux Figaro rum ( half full) some 60's Bacardi and lots of other 60's booze .

Rowsdower

I really wanted to get out ,not a fan of Blue on the weekends but sounds like it was'nt crowded . I
was swamped by a relatives home clean out. Amazing how much stuff accumulates in 80yrs.
My consulation prizes were'nt bad . A 1937 bottle of Leroux Figaro rum ( half full) some 60's Bacardi and lots of other 60's booze .

Hold onto the bottles. People collect those.