NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast! - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 958
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    It's going to get better next year.

    It's going to get better next year.

    It's going to get better next year.

    It's going to get better...
    If it were worse, all ski areas south of I-90 would be open 45 days a season, and all the major resorts would have ~20 trails open. I'm not even exaggerating...that's the sad part. Pretty hard for another season to be worse than this one.

    Luckily I'm young and getting my "1 in 100 years" winter done early.

    2016-2017 61 Days and holding...
    Killington: 11/7, 12/10, 1/19, 2/17, 3/19, 3/25, 3/26, 4/1, 4/2, 4/16 Okemo: 12/11, 2/5 Berkshire East: 12/30 Jiminy Peak: 12/23 Magic: 1/26, 2/16 Sundown: 3/10 Stratton: 3/12 Pico: 3/18 Bellayre: 3/15
    Mount Snow: 11/24, 12/12, 12/17, 1/1, 1/24, 1/28, 3/11 Mohawk: 1/6, 1/13, 1/27, 2/3, 2/9, 2/24
    Thunder Ridge: 12/18, 12/24, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/31, 1/2, 1/7, 1/8, 1/14, 1/15, 1/16, 1/21, 1/22, 1/29, 2/4, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/12, 2/18, 2/19, 2/20, 2/21, 2/25, 2/26, 3/4, 3/5, 3/12
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Luckily I'm young and getting my "1 in 100 years" winter done early.
    This.
    2016/2017: * = powder day
    Berkshire East [January 16, February 10]
    Bolton Valley [January 1, February 5*, February 19]
    Burke [December 17*, January 28*]
    Heavenly [March 5*, March 11]
    Jay Peak [January 29*, April 9]
    Jiminy Peak [November 26]
    Killington [December 4, December 10, April 8*, April 15]
    Kirkwood [March 8]
    Mad River Glen [February 25]
    Magic [February 13*]
    Mt Rose [March 7*]
    Mountain Snow [April 3]
    Northstar [March 10]
    Okemo [November 23]
    Pico [January 7*, February 18, March 19]
    Smuggler’s Notch [January 22]
    Stratton [February 4]
    Stowe [January 21]
    Sugarbush [January 2]
    Telluride [March 27, March 28*]
    Whiteface [February 12]

  3. #13
    wtcobb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North of the Notch
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Luckily I'm young and getting my "1 in 100 years" winter done early.
    Let's hope, gents.
    All skiing is good. Some skiing isn't as good. But all skiing is good.

    @mtncobber on the instafeeds.

  4. #14
    ya'll have this seen this, right? not sure what it means for 2016-2017 ski season... what about la nina? will we have another el nino? inquiring minds want to know....
    wsi_summer.jpg

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    ya'll have this seen this, right? not sure what it means for 2016-2017 ski season... what about la nina? will we have another el nino? inquiring minds want to know....
    wsi_summer.jpg
    It is way too early to predict ENSO for next year. That forecast is a joke, but has skill. What you see there is the global warming trend.


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 77 days
    Attitash - Dec. 16, 27, 29, 30, 31, Jan. 17, 18, Feb. 15, 19, Mar. 3, 4, Apr. 2
    Bretton Woods - Nov. 13, 27, Dec. 4, 10, Jan. 16, 29, Mar. 24
    Cannon - Dec. 14, Jan. 2, Mar. 23
    Cranmore - Jan. 8, Mar. 5
    Crotched - Dec. 23, 26, Jan. 4, 11, 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8
    Courmayeur, Italy - Mar. 15
    Evasion Mont Blanc, France - Mar. 14
    Flegere (Chamonix), France - Mar. 13
    Killington - Feb. 10
    Ragged - Feb. 13
    Le Tour / Valloricine (Chamonix), France - Mar. 11
    Les Grands Montets (Chamonix), France - Mar. 12
    Mount Snow - Nov. 23
    Shawnee Peak - Jan. 13, 21
    Sugarbush - Feb. 12
    Sunday River - Jan. 15
    Stowe - Feb. 11
    Verbier, Switzerland - Mar. 16, 17
    Waterville Valley - Mar. 31
    Wildcat - Nov. 25, 26 Dec. 2, 3, 11, 15, 17, 28, Jan. 6, 14, 17, 20, 22, 28, Feb. 3, 4, 5, 16, 17, 18, Mar. 25, 26, Apr. 1, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23

    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

    Quiver: 2013 Fischer Big Stix 110 (186 cm), 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm)

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    If it were worse, all ski areas south of I-90 would be open 45 days a season, and all the major resorts would have ~20 trails open. I'm not even exaggerating...that's the sad part. Pretty hard for another season to be worse than this one.

    Luckily I'm young and getting my "1 in 100 years" winter done early.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    This.
    well i'm old and I think you're Fcuked - open your eyes -

  7. #17
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,475
    I'm tempted to lock this thread now as well as any others that are started discussing the winter of 2016-17.

    You guys are hopeless.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I'm tempted to lock this thread now as well as any others that are started discussing the winter of 2016-17.

    You guys are hopeless.
    What are you talking about? Go ahead and lock it then.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by 〽❄❅ View Post
    well i'm old and I think you're Fcuked - open your eyes -

    +1

  10. #20
    ALLSKIING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Setauket,NY/Killington,VT
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    What are you talking about? Go ahead and lock it then.
    He's saying this season is not over.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:37 PM.