NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast! - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    May be not 1 in 100, but close to 1 in 50 based in this data. Link provided on the pic.
    This is a cool graph.

http://www.matthewparrilla.com/mansfield-stake/

Scrolling through the years you see that the 1950's were pretty dismal and some of the biggest snow years are more recent.

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Quote Originally Posted by Abubob View Post
    This is a cool graph.

http://www.matthewparrilla.com/mansfield-stake/

Scrolling through the years you see that the 1950's were pretty dismal and some of the biggest snow years are more recent.
    Wait,are you saying that 50's had global warming and snow amounts improved thru the 60's and 70's?
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Wait,are you saying that 50's had global warming and snow amounts improved thru the 60's and 70's?
    I wouldn't say that. But I MIGHT say something like "Global warming doesn't necessarily seem to mean less snow". The graphs also seem to present the possibility of a string of lean years ... followed by an amazingly snowy year. But the average doesn't look to be diminishing.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Oh Winter, we're yet into Summer But would love to be back skiing in the Alps next Winter!

1969 that was the year!!!!!!

IMG_5056.jpg

Snowed like crazy for a while 3.5''
    Too little too late!

Quote Originally Posted by Abubob View Post
    I wouldn't say that. But I MIGHT say something like "Global warming doesn't necessarily seem to mean less snow".
    Unless there's a year with abnormally low snowfall. Then Global Warming definitely means less snow.

Global Warming also definitely means abnormal high snowfall too of course if it snows a lot in a year.

Really, there's pretty much nothing that isnt direct evidence of Global Warming.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Hopefully..... the season we had was an aberration. The interesting part is that areas north of the Saint Lawrence got close or beyond their snowfall and areas south of the NE ski areas got their normal as well. Washington DC and New York City went beyond their typical snow fall. There was some serious "banding" going on where the NE ski areas just never got the snow, the storms really took an odd track this past season.
    I rather be @ss noodling

^^^

"Someone complained about you, so we're just gonna act like we're talking to you."

I rather be @ss noodling

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Unless there's a year with abnormally low snowfall. Then Global Warming definitely means less snow.

Global Warming also definitely means abnormal high snowfall too of course if it snows a lot in a year.

Really, there's pretty much nothing that isnt direct evidence of Global Warming.
    😄

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information