• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast!

catsup948

Maybe. The seasonal trend of storms coming south within 5 days might start working with the weekend storm. SNE on south is probably in trouble but the mountains of NNE could start cashing in again soon.

Glenn

Local weather guy (Who is also a big snowmobiler) was hinting on cooler temps and more storms rolling in as we get into March. Hoping he's right!

JimG.

Staff member
I don't post in this thread often but will remind you all that this type of winter with big temp swings and a lot of snow was forecasted before winter even began.

My point is that anyone who watches the forecasting should be relatively pleased that it is all working out as predicted.

I've had a bunch of ridiculous ski days in the past 4 weeks starting with my visit to Wildcat at the end of January and am nothing but pleased at this point in the season.

A week of spring warmth? Welcome to the East Coast. Be happy it's 50's and 60's and not 80's like a few years ago.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
IMG_6366.jpg

70 Yesterday but kind of unusual in the sense that these warm ups in the past are associated with high humidity . Was a nice low humidity level the last few days ....It's going to be bad for the Poconos but at least the country as a whole is doing ok .

Edit ....I don't know what it is but the picture post has a mind of it's own ...was straight before.

mriceyman

Plenty of snow chances into march

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

slatham

Winter is coming back. Strong indications from teleconnections, MJO, strat warming, and modeling for at least the first half of March being cold. How that translates into snowfall is another question but we should have a couple weeks + of winter starting Sunday.

And I will go on record as saying a week of spring in February means a big dump in April!

Glenn

And I will go on record as saying a week of spring in February means a big dump in April!

I was actually thinking the same thing. It's really early for this warms. Nature has a way of averaging things out.

NYDB

Winter is coming back. Strong indications from teleconnections, MJO, strat warming, and modeling for at least the first half of March being cold. How that translates into snowfall is another question but we should have a couple weeks + of winter starting Sunday.

After the inch of rain tue-wed it looks good

Sent from my SM-G900V using AlpineZone mobile app

Los

Josh Fox of the single chair weather blog posted a tweet this morning (is that what you do? "post" a tweet?) -- march forecast just took a turn for the worst. That's reflected on accuweather's March outlook as well. Awesome.

catsup948

He didn't say that. Maybe I missed something. Going to rain Tuesday-Wednesday night. Back edge snow could happen. That is what he said. I don't like the look of the cutter early next week but hopefully it trends back cooler.

Los

He didn't say that. Maybe I missed something. Going to rain Tuesday-Wednesday night. Back edge snow could happen. That is what he said. I don't like the look of the cutter early next week but hopefully it trends back cooler.

Ok, yeah, I see now that I misread it. Sorry.

But I'm still bracing myself for a warm March.

benski

End of month storm system has again moved to a warmer overall scenario with snow on back end, full details coming-Josh Fox

He said in his last post we are entering a stormy pattern next week Thursday.

Edit. Don't try to embed a tweet.

catsup948

March 2-12th seems a good period to target for a return to winter up north. The transitional patterns have brought great orographic snowfalls across the NNE all winter. Let's see what happens.