NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast! - Page 87

AlpineZone

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687

Holy crap. Just saw the Weather Channel predictions for this weekend. Biggest question is Stratton, Okemo or Killington (is Pico still open?)?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong. NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    Holy crap. Just saw the Weather Channel predictions for this weekend. Biggest question is Stratton, Okemo or Killington (is Pico still open?)?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong. NJ
    Yes Pico is open but they are down mostly but not exclusively to the trails with snowmaking.
    2016-2017 season: 39 |Pico 17, Cannon 8, Whaleback 4, Dartmouth Skiway 4, Mount Sunapee 3, Bretton Woods 1, Killington 1, Okemo 1|
    2015-2016 season: 27, 2014-2015 season: 29, 2013-2014 season: 25

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    Yup, this has been trending nicely like I thought it would. The good thing is given it's end of season there's no pressure for you to book, you can wait for more model runs. IMO, even though the southern VT mountains are depicted as jackpotting, they're still at risk. I'm headed to n.VT, which will probably do almost as well, but will have superior conditions and terrain.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Looks like SoVT is under a Winter Storm Watch. The Albany forecast discussion hints to those changing to a warning if needed. They're still saying 4" in the Valley areas and 7" of snow in higher terrain. And sounds like it'll be a heavy, wet snow. I'm not complaining! I'll take any snow this time of the year.

Thread Information