• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast!

JimG.

Staff member
He's saying this season is not over.

No I wasn't. I was saying that at the end of such a monumentally poor snow season it seems unlikely that there will be much positive commentary or discussion concerning weather so why bother.

I think he has a fear of global warming which is fine but I don't see how that is going to lead to positive discussion either; again, why bother now?

That is all; not locking anything.

fbrissette

Luckily I'm young and getting my "1 in 100 years" winter done early.

May be not 1 in 100, but close to 1 in 50 based in this data. Link provided on the pic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• snowdepth.jpg
    snowdepth.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 320

〽❄❅

One good measurable storm here and I'm not complaining either. I think 20" was the official total from January's storm, measured 26" in my driveway. Got to cross-country ski the hilly woods of the Wissahickon Gorge, something I dreamt of doing while running there all summer and fall, and again now! That doesn't happen often around here where I'm from and I'm thankful for it.

ScottySkis

Sunday forecast for Mountain Sniw looking like snow changing from rain overnight just matter of when hopefully it enough for few inches of snow. So I can come up to ski snow Sunday .wondering what others opinions is on changeover?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Read today that the Atlantic is entering a cooling phase. Spoke of less hurricanes forming in the Atlantic, but what does that usually mean for winters in the NE?

Some time in the last few months (don't remember when ) JB claimed in a video that there would be an increase in Hurricanes?
Article link ?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
:popcorn:Wait,are you saying that 50's had global warming and snow amounts improved thru the 60's and 70's?
I wouldn't say that. But I MIGHT say something like "Global warming doesn't necessarily seem to mean less snow". The graphs also seem to present the possibility of a string of lean years ... followed by an amazingly snowy year. But the average doesn't look to be diminishing.

BenedictGomez

I wouldn't say that. But I MIGHT say something like "Global warming doesn't necessarily seem to mean less snow".

Unless there's a year with abnormally low snowfall. Then Global Warming definitely means less snow.

Global Warming also definitely means abnormal high snowfall too of course if it snows a lot in a year.

Really, there's pretty much nothing that isnt direct evidence of Global Warming.

jack97

Hopefully..... the season we had was an aberration. The interesting part is that areas north of the Saint Lawrence got close or beyond their snowfall and areas south of the NE ski areas got their normal as well. Washington DC and New York City went beyond their typical snow fall. There was some serious "banding" going on where the NE ski areas just never got the snow, the storms really took an odd track this past season.

jack97

^^^

"Someone complained about you, so we're just gonna act like we're talking to you."

Savemeasammy

Unless there's a year with abnormally low snowfall. Then Global Warming definitely means less snow.

Global Warming also definitely means abnormal high snowfall too of course if it snows a lot in a year.

Really, there's pretty much nothing that isnt direct evidence of Global Warming.

😄

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone