Subaru Recall - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subaru Recall

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    I see a huge reliability difference between the Japanese built cars like Skifastrs WRX and the US built cars like the Outbacks Foresters, Legacys.
    As far as I can tell from researching it, the Foresters are currently build in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by spring_mountain_high View Post
    my subaru was great too for the first 5 years, but once to odometer rolled 100k it was not so great

for a brand that touts reliability, i was less than whelmed
    + 1 I still can't believe they can build a car where there's such a high percentage likelihood that you'll be replacing the head gasket. Looking at a new vehicle to replace a 2007 Outback with 140K miles and Subaru is not even on the list of options to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    As far as I can tell from researching it, the Foresters are currently build in Japan.
    That's my understanding as well. When I had an '02 Legacy, I felt good about it being built in Indiana. Later, when I replaced it with a '10 Forester, I'd assumed it was made in the same place. When I learned a couple of years later that it was built in Japan I was bummed.

Maybe I should be relieved. You guys are worrying me because I'm at 94K right now with no real issues. I was hoping to push it to 200K.

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    I see a huge reliability difference between the Japanese built cars like Skifastrs WRX and the US built cars like the Outbacks Foresters, Legacys.
    I don't think that's true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I don't think that's true at all.
    And do not forget the oil burning issue, which there is a class action law suit on............

Quote Originally Posted by catskillman View Post
    And do not forget the oil burning issue, which there is a class action law suit on............
    Oh yeah, that's company malfeasance and all, but what's that have to do with what country the cars were produced in? I'm not that familiar with the case so I might just not know.

Thread Information