• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

16/17 will bring some nice choices in Blizzard skis among other gear = OntheSnow.com

Hawkshot99

wait, what? i want to see next year's blizzards.

They are purdy.....
They have a new carving line called Quattro (will be comarketed with Audi).
They added carbon to the Brahma, just like in the Bonafide.
There is now a light version of the Brahma. We called it the Brahma Lite, but basically just replaces the Bushwacker.

Edd

They are purdy.....
They have a new carving line called Quattro (will be comarketed with Audi).
They added carbon to the Brahma, just like in the Bonafide.
There is now a light version of the Brahma. We called it the Brahma Lite, but basically just replaces the Bushwacker.

They picked the right season to release a new carving line.

Edd

Does that mean similarly to when I owned an Audi car, if I bring the skis in for a basic tune up there will be a 200% mark up over normal skis?

Also a 200% increase in needed repairs. All the benefits of Audi ownership shall be yours.

Edd

I think I found a replacement for my Fischers!

The RX?

I buy skis too often but I believe I've finally gathered the ideal 3 ski quiver suited for me.

Head Supreme Instinct ti (170, 74 underfoot)

Blizzard Bushwacker (180, 88 underfoot)

Rossignol Soul 7 (180, 106 underfoot)

I made a bet with a friend that I wouldn't buy skis for the next 3 years. $100 gift certificate to Kittery Trading Post is at stake. Hopefully, I can hold out.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have The Motive 84. Good, but not great carvers.

I concur with your east coast quiver selection. I have a 90 for daily driving a 107 collecting dust instead of powder. I would like a razor in the mid 70s. A few manufacturers produce tweener race skis with a similar turn radius as your new skis. That's what I'll eventually get.

drjeff

I demo'd the Stöckli Scale Delta Large's today (83 underfoot with a 17m radius) and wow do I hope they keep this ski in their '16-'17 line up!!!

This ski rips!! A purebred GS race ski, with a touch of tip rocker that makes it friendly in some soft and/or shorter radius turns. If it has a top end, I sure didn't find it (and my tracesnow app had me maxed at at 58.2 mph today!)

Stöckli makes a SERIOUS ski!!

Edd

I demo'd the Stöckli Scale Delta Large's today (83 underfoot with a 17m radius) and wow do I hope they keep this ski in their '16-'17 line up!!!

This ski rips!! A purebred GS race ski, with a touch of tip rocker that makes it friendly in some soft and/or shorter radius turns. If it has a top end, I sure didn't find it (and my tracesnow app had me maxed at at 58.2 mph today!)

Stöckli makes a SERIOUS ski!!

They had a good price on a pair of Stocklis recently but I couldn't accept the investment without demoing. I went cheap, and will perhaps regret it.