• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glen 2-23-16

Bought a ticket two weeks ago in the hopes that this winter would turn around. The good news....they were still open. This was my first time there so I took it more as an opertunity to check the place out and get a feel for the history.

Conditions were...intresting. Half the mountain was iced over rock which worked well to prevent any new scratches to my skis. The snow was rock hard but very edgable. I had fun picking my way down around the obstacles. It felt like more work than powder with my skis chattering around.

The terrain and character was amazing. I can see why people love this mountain and I need to come back to really experience it for what it is. Every employee I spoke with was wicked nice and cared about the mountain.

The single chair was really neat to ride and that side of the mountain had the best snow but it unfortunately never softened up. I got to the point where making a brewery tour at the vonn trapp brewery outweighed my skiing experience and I called it early at 2. All things considered a great day and I will be back next year to give it another try. I'm not sure how well they are going to survive this rain but I give them a lot of credit for managing what they have been given this year.

Attachments

• 1456370473844.jpg
    1456370473844.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 1456370483131.jpg
    1456370483131.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 1456370493381.jpg
    1456370493381.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 182

benski

At least you made it. I got a season pass there and doubt i will use it. If I am lucky I might have a chance to use it at the end of march.

SkiRay

At least you made it. I got a season pass there and doubt i will use it. If I am lucky I might have a chance to use it at the end of march.

This weekend looked good - we were going to head up but, our youngest got sick. We have Mad Cards - hope to use them next weekend though I am with you. I feel for MRG as we love this mountain. Such a special place.