• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any Gunstock intel on how it's holding up??

drjeff

So my 12yr old daughter had a couple of big time runs in her race last Sunday and leap frogged ahead of a couple of girls in front of her in the season long standings for her race council and qualified for the Northeast U12 Championships which are being held at Gunstock March 11th-13th.

Just curious as I know a few AZ'ers are Gunstock regulars what there base depths are like, especially as the long range weather models are looking like a decent warm up will return mid/late next week.

While it's been a good decade plus since I last skied Gunstock, I used to ski it fairly regularly growing up as my grandparents lived on Lake Winnipesaukee and do remember it being as a fun area, kind of like a Bromley or a Cranmore

Edd

They've been doing ok but, yeah, next week isn't looking great. They'll do better than some.

HD333

While I cannot comment on the conditions since I haven't been there this year, I can suggest that if you are doing dinner in the area that you go to the Ellacoya Barn and Grill, skip Patrick's unless there is a post race event there.
Good luck to your daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edd

While I cannot comment on the conditions since I haven't been there this year, I can suggest that if you are doing dinner in the area that you go to the Ellacoya Barn and Grill

Just discovered that place last month. Great joint!

drjeff

While I cannot comment on the conditions since I haven't been there this year, I can suggest that if you are doing dinner in the area that you go to the Ellacoya Barn and Grill, skip Patrick's unless there is a post race event there.
Good luck to your daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info HD333, however with my 94 yr old Grandmother living in Wolfeboro, our dinner plans during my daughters races at Gunstock will be happening across the lake! :)