• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Peak Pass, what we have all been waiting for.

pequeñopescado

Beautiful day to be skiing and this was the crowd in the Crotched base lodge at 930 this morning. Business is hurting.

yeah but keep in mind that there they can ski later so no rush to really get on the snow first thing??? I'm at Mount Snow right now and good crowd snow was really good this morning on the snowmaking they did.

drjeff

yeah but keep in mind that there they can ski later so no rush to really get on the snow first thing??? I'm at Mount Snow right now and good crowd snow was really good this morning on the snowmaking they did.

You get to ski Mount Snow?? ;-) lol!

It was darn good this AM, Good sized crowd today and REALLY GOOD "secret beer" in the Taproom now!! :)

deadheadskier

Staff member

11:30 in the lodge

Granted worst conditions I've ever skied at Crotched. Locals who knew must have stayed away

Attachments

• 1457206008555.jpg
    1457206008555.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 141

Quietman

deadheadskier said:
Granted worst conditions I've ever skied at Crotched. Locals who knew must have stayed away

I warned you! :) Still better than sitting at home but not worth paying window prices for. I may get up there tomorrow cause who knows what next weekend will be like.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I warned you! :) Still better than sitting at home but not worth paying window prices for. I may get up there tomorrow cause who knows what next weekend will be like.

Yeah. The typical year where the snow lasts weeks after they close ain't happening this year. Thinnest slab of boiler plate for a base. With the forecast ahead next weekend might be it for them.

x10003q

This is a great deal, but it really depends on where you live. I day trip (Big Lift card) Hunter but I am not a fan of Mt Snow. The NH areas are just not worth the drive from NJ. I can get to most of VT and Gore/WF in less time vs the NH areas. Mt Snow is going to be very crowded next year.

JimG.

Staff member
This is a great deal, but it really depends on where you live.

This is of course true.

I live near Poughkeepsie 3 hours to K and 2.75 hours to Gore or Mt. Snow. 4 to Whiteface. 1.25 to most Catskills mtns (Platty furthest more like 1.75). 4.25 to MRV, 5 to Stowe, 5.5-6 to Jay. 8 to Sugarloaf or Quebec.

The NH mountains are a trip for me I know Wildcat is about 5.5. But I will do a trip through NH tour. I really like Wildcat for many reasons. And since all lift access is taken care of already it really is a no brainer.

Such a ridiculously good deal it is still hard to believe.

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
This is a great deal, but it really depends on where you live. I day trip (Big Lift card) Hunter but I am not a fan of Mt Snow. The NH areas are just not worth the drive from NJ. I can get to most of VT and Gore/WF in less time vs the NH areas. Mt Snow is going to be very crowded next year.

The ticket office today said there will be no more big lift card at Hunter. :-(

Last edited:

MEtoVTSkier

They want to drive season pass sales. I can't blame them.

Yup, pay now, or pay a small fortune in the future. I'd be willing to bet that the prices will be higher on Liftopia next year too, as well as less participation on all the other "discount" cards...

It's a good move, they should do well with getting a lot sold this spring.

Can't wait to see what the other Top Tier Resorts responses will be.

danimals

I'm going through the purchase, but I have to select a home mountain to pick it up at.

Which means for me, if mount snow opens first, I'll have to drive to my home hill to pick it up then over to mount snow. Interesting setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VTKilarney

I'm going through the purchase, but I have to select a home mountain to pick it up at.

Which means for me, if mount snow opens first, I'll have to drive to my home hill to pick it up then over to mount snow. Interesting setup.

They will mail the passes to you if you submit a photo.

prsboogie

You only have to pick up in person IF you want to use the pass this spring. If not then, as stated, they will mail one to you in the fall if you email a picture for the pass

machski

Yup, pay now, or pay a small fortune in the future. I'd be willing to bet that the prices will be higher on Liftopia next year too, as well as less participation on all the other "discount" cards...

It's a good move, they should do well with getting a lot sold this spring.

Can't wait to see what the other Top Tier Resorts responses will be.

I doubt Boyne would adjust pass pricing now that they have announced. They're response if any will likely be to push the frequent skier card (perhaps discount that going forward a bit) to cater to any not inclined to lock in at one resort. ASC had a bigger lock on the Northeast in the day and we all know how well cheap season passes worked out for them.

steamboat1

I doubt Boyne would adjust pass pricing now that they have announced. They're response if any will likely be to push the frequent skier card (perhaps discount that going forward a bit) to cater to any not inclined to lock in at one resort. ASC had a bigger lock on the Northeast in the day and we all know how well cheap season passes worked out for them.

I think that had to do more with massive debt at high interest rates than cheap passes. Peak has a lot of debt too from what I've heard but have more favorable terms.