• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon 3/12

SnoDevil97

Lean season for me, decided to use my last Loon voucher I purchased last June.

Obviously a gorgeous bluebird day. Not crowded at all (at least by Loon standards) - longest wait was 10 mins @ the Gondola, rest were ski on.

Really a mixed bag of conditions, even within the same trails: ice, slush, sugary man-made, groomed, corn. Had a few pretty bad yard-sale wipeouts when unable to gauge the next condition ahead.

Hit North Peak in the am & was predictably terrible. Icy & bare spots abound, bordering on un-skiable. Runs under the Gondola & Kanc quad were decent but become sloppy after lunch.

Ventured over to South Peak after early lunch, found zero crowds & better conditions on the blue groomers. Soft though a bit dicey on the edges .

Called it a day around 2:15 due to tired legs, had a good time in the lively Paul Bunyon Bar for apres.

Attachments

• 1457917419161.jpg
    1457917419161.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 95