• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush-Glen Ellen 3/13/16

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Mud season has prematurely arrived. Feels and looks like April on the road and on the slopes. No snow anywhere except on the ski trails and nearby woods.
Skied Mt. Ellen, waited until 11 to hit the slopes, turns out it was 12. Just as well, I was pretty tired after four hours. ME had plenty to keep me entertained. Brilliant sunshine, skiing in fleece made for a perfect "spring" day. Most everything on the mountain softened up well. Wide skis were the tool of the day. Many, many great trails all over the mountain. No lift lines. By later in the day the lower half of the mountain was starting to show some mud, rocks and grass. Based on the forecast and the melt we saw yesterday ME may have seen it's last days. A liftie said they may to reverse lift operation next weekend. That is, skiing on the upper half only, riding the first half up and down. The corn was deep, no puddles, yet. FIS has a ton of snow on it, much to everyone's surprise. They had run groomers down half of each wide trail, letting the other half bump up.
The bumps were fun and forgiving.
See attached pics.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• mud.jpg
    mud.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 224
  • mte.jpg
    mte.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 224

WWF-VT

That's my road in that picture....even mud season is well below the usual depth this year

Last edited: