• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

BAD Spring/El Nino skiing - recovery possible?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll be in San Diego starting Wednesday through the 25th. Hoping you all get the goods while I'm gone!

greenjay

Thanks for the historical perspective!! Fingers crossed for the possible 8 " next Monday covering the mess.

drjeff

The question you need to ask pertaining to this, is how much natural snow does your favorite area need to open a trail in the early season on barren, mainly unfrozen ground? Since that is what the starting point is right now on the vast majority of non snowmaking terrain and also some of the snowmaking terrain as well :eek:

jaybird

Well, if it does deliver and you don't feel like driving up to Sugarloaf, I'm sure you'll be just fine over at K slaying Superstar and waving Richards with all the Beast Bros.
Actually, in the last 2 days here we've seen almost 30" fresh snow with more expected today.

Anyone calls you out taking a different stance and you raise your dirty 'little hand' with name calling.
We'll party at Superstar once the weather is appropriate and the halter tops appear.
Happy Place is a pig with lipstick. Even you parking lot attendants from Stowe should know that.

greenjay

What mountain are you referring to with 30"???

Ps- what is superstar et al? Sorry, Have no idea what all these secret refs are.

jaybird

What mountain are you referring to with 30"???

Ps- what is superstar et al? Sorry, Have no idea what all these secret refs are.

Well ... we know it's over that way ... but can't quite see the Grand Teton today :snow:
To salvage the season of despair, Superstar will outlast all the other Eastern wanna-be's ... as usual ;-)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Actually, in the last 2 days here we've seen almost 30" fresh snow with more expected today.

Anyone calls you out taking a different stance and you raise your dirty 'little hand' with name calling.
We'll party at Superstar once the weather is appropriate and the halter tops appear.
Happy Place is a pig with lipstick. Even you parking lot attendants from Stowe should know that.

You prove my point every time

Lighten up Richard